What do you think of this hybrid case?

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
It looks too bulky, but that stand doesn't look very solid either, as others have pointed out already.

You could consider to get a small/slim case and a separate Phone Stand, if you need both. You can find many different Phone stands, form solid metallic to foldable small/light plastic for cheap.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
It looks too bulky, but that stand doesn't look very solid either, as others have pointed out already.

You could consider to get a small/slim case and a separate Phone Stand, if you need both. You can find many different Phone stands, form solid metallic to small/light cheap plastic, like the one on this case, for cheap.

Can you suggest any?

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Can you suggest any?

I have just got this Stylish Matte PVC Back Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 . In my short time experience: it's slim with a good grip. It fits and looks good too.

I got this Mini Portable Stepped Stand Holder for Cellphone because I wanted a small portable/foldable one, but it's actually too small/shaky for Lumia 1520. I have already ordered a bigger one Mini Adjustable Mobile Phone Stand Holder but it hasn't arrived yet.

I didn't look into EBay's collection, but you can search/find similar case and stands there too, or maybe others can provide a link.

Tim Bearden

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I bought this case but don't use it. The stand actually isn't that bad. The case makes the phone about 3x the size though. It felt like I was carrying a box around in my pocket. Plus the rubber cover pulls lent and anything else you have in your pockets onto it, sticking pretty good and hard to get off. However, if I'm ever going to go somewhere that I'm afraid it could get broken, I may throw it on there again cuz it seems pretty safe in it. I ended up buying this case Amazon.com: JKase DIABLO Tough Rugged Dual Layer Protection Case Cover with Build in Stand for Nokia Lumia 1520 (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories It's not as protective but still feels like it would survive a good fall. Has a kickstand, isn't too think and most important, feels great in my hand.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have one just like that...except mine glows in the dark. :) It protects my 1520 very well, but the hard plastic outer case is pretty slick in my hands...even with the rubber insert. Also, the rubber insert has a high level of friction when I put the phone in or take it out of my pockets, making it somewhat annoying. The rubber insert also collects lint and dust like a magnet. Having said all of those negatives, I do like the case for its protective value, and It's not too terribly bulky. And the glow in the dark case like mine looks pretty sweet at night. :)

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, no. But you could buy both cases and just swap out the outer case of the one you like and put that one on the glow in the dark case. :)

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It actually depends on just how much sunlight or artificial light the rubber, glowy part of the case is exposed to. If it gets a lot of light, the thing glows pretty brightly in rooms dimly lit by ambient light....evening time with no lights on or in the shade. It's really quite bright. It's quite impressive in movie theaters. lol Of course, it slowly loses its "charge", but it will last a good two days or more after a good light exposure. Really though, if you use it regularly, the case will charge continuously. So, basically, it will continuously glow. It's pretty neat, actually. But it is somewhat bulky. 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs