Lumia 1520 attachable camera lens?

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Is there some sort of attachable camera lens for the L1520?
I've seen some for the Lumia 1020 and 920. And i don't mean the universal fish eye or wide thingy.

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I've seen some for the Lumia 1020 and 920

Can you link to these? They may fit to 1520 too, because most of these lenses are "universal" and works on different phone.

You can find many attachable lenses here, and on Ebay too, but I don't think you can get a good Image quality, at least not with a cheap one. Good optic is usually big/bulky, heavy and expensive, and that contradicts the whole propose of a cheap and light phone-camera, but some of these lenses are so cheap that one can take the chance to try.

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry to say, but no "universal" lens will work on the 1520

When the manufacture says it's a "universal" lens, it's meant to work on all phones universally, unless a phone is exceptional.

What makes 1520 so exceptional that it can't use any universal lens?

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Can you link to these? They may fit to 1520 too, because most of these lenses are "universal" and works on different phone.

You can find many attachable lenses here, and on Ebay too, but I don't think you can get a good Image quality, at least not with a cheap one. Good optic is usually big/bulky, heavy and expensive, and that contradicts the whole propose of a cheap and light phone-camera, but some of these lenses are so cheap that one can take the chance to try.

for L920:
http://cdn.wpcentral.com/sites/wpce... Zoom Nokia Lumia 920 side.jpg?itok=veAvCJsa

http://wmpoweruser.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/41FuqgUjnyL.jpg

http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_204280_8.jpg

cookie_csy

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
For any universal lenses, there must be a little flat space around the camera of phones to attach. But for 1520, it seems not flat. So I don't think it fits

However, the lenses with a clip may fits

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
For any universal lenses, there must be a little flat space around the camera of phones to attach. But for 1520, it seems not flat. So I don't think it fits

However, the lenses with a clip may fits

Most of these lenses need to be mounted on a stand / mounting-system (that creates some distance from phone-body), without touching "the flat space around the camera" at all. As far as I can see, that little bump on the back of 1520 shouldn't create a problem, but one should keep it in mind. .

I personally haven't tried any of these lenses, but when I look at the mounting-system for different phones, I believe it's just the matter of finding a proper mounting-system and then most "universal lenses" would work on 1520.

EDIT, a fast search and this HAUTIK 12X Mobile Telephoto Lens w/ Mini TrIpod seams to work with 1520. The mounting system can hold up to 9Cm (and 1520 is 8.54Cm) and the rest seams to fit too, but somebody has to try it before we can conclude.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb