08-12-2015 12:28 AM
182 1234 ...
tools
    Had a spigen tempered glass on my xperia z, saved the screen two times.
    Frist time was when i dropped it and it hit a crystal glass that was standing on the floor after a "party".
    I picked it up and the screen was totally cracked, and in "I DON'T WANT TO CUT MYSELF" and hangover panic i dropped it again :P

Took awhile for me to remember the tempered glass but when i pulled it of, the screen underneath was completely fine and not a single scratch or bump.
    I would love to have one of these on my Nokia 1520 but i don't buy Chinese stuff like this, so i guess i have to w8 forever for the German or american glass thing. :-(
    Did you remove the anti shatter film on the Xperia Z before fitting it?

Why not buy Chinese stuff?
    04-05-2014 06:05 PM
    I am wondering...if all of these glass screen protectors are made in china...or at least assembled there out of Japanese parts..

Mac

Sent from my Nokia 1520
    04-05-2014 10:05 PM
    Interesting. How thick are these type of screen protectors? Does it feel like glass when you slide your finger over them?

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    Last edited by Games Goblin; 04-06-2014 at 02:25 AM.
    04-05-2014 10:16 PM
    This one I believe is .3mm thick. Normally these tempered glass protectors do feel like it's naked since it's also made of glass

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    Games Goblin likes this.
    04-06-2014 01:08 AM
    Did you remove the anti shatter film on the Xperia Z before fitting it?

Why not buy Chinese stuff?
    No i did not remove the anti****film, had some marks and scratches on it but it dispersed with the tempered glass on it.

Why i don't buy Chinese stuff?
    Occupational hazard i guess, it not so much that the workers there don't get any pay worth talking about.
    But more about the fact that the Chinese are trying to undermine the production value by simply copying the products developed by the west.
    If you, in today's world create a product you have no more then 3 months to make money out of it.
    After that the Chinese will have made a copy (almost always better and ALWAYS to a lower cost) and then there is no longer any way to make a money out of the product you created.
    You have to lower the price and you will then start losing money on every sold product just to cut you losses.
    EX;
    Dev=50 000$
    Production=2000$/10 000pieces
    5.2$/p
    After shipping, taxes and fees you can sell it for 15$/p and you make 2$ profit
    2$/3
    0.66$ to the creator and developer.
    And if you sell 5 batches you make a profit of 33 000$-taxes in my case 54%

And then a Chinese maker start to sell the copied product on ebay for 1.99$ a piece.
    15$ vs 1.99$, what do you want to buy?
    1 of the western made product or 8ish of the Chinese copied stuff?
    So now you lover the price to 7$ and you lose 6$ on every product you sell and the problem is that you still have 5 batches left to sell.
    lets say you sell them, and here you see my point, you will lose a 9 times more money then you make if you are not one of the big brands.
    And that is why i don't by Chinese stuff, i try to help out the little man that almost always is forgotten and blamed for the high prices.

Hope you get something of what i wrote, my first langue is not English sooo. :P
    04-06-2014 05:14 AM
    I'm on my 4th 1520 now [leaned against a sharp edge with it in my pocket/faulty battery expanded and broke the digitizer/turned off #3 and it never came back on (MS Store loved that one)], so I have it in a case with a screen protector at all times to minimize the chances of needing a 5th. Not everyone has a life full of soft pillowy unicorn rainbows. Stuff happens...
    04-06-2014 02:05 PM
    turned off #3 and it never came back on (MS Store loved that one)],
    My first one went off on a video I was watching, and never came back on either... my #2 doesn't seem to have any real problems. Except for the screen really not liking lazy fingers... Real sensitive even with my Zagg shield on it....
    04-06-2014 04:15 PM
    No i did not remove the anti****film, had some marks and scratches on it but it dispersed with the tempered glass on it.

Why i don't buy Chinese stuff?
    Occupational hazard i guess, it not so much that the workers there don't get any pay worth talking about.
    But more about the fact that the Chinese are trying to undermine the production value by simply copying the products developed by the west.
    If you, in today's world create a product you have no more then 3 months to make money out of it.
    After that the Chinese will have made a copy (almost always better and ALWAYS to a lower cost) and then there is no longer any way to make a money out of the product you created.
    You have to lower the price and you will then start losing money on every sold product just to cut you losses.
    EX;
    Dev=50 000$
    Production=2000$/10 000pieces
    5.2$/p
    After shipping, taxes and fees you can sell it for 15$/p and you make 2$ profit
    2$/3
    0.66$ to the creator and developer.
    And if you sell 5 batches you make a profit of 33 000$-taxes in my case 54%

And then a Chinese maker start to sell the copied product on ebay for 1.99$ a piece.
    15$ vs 1.99$, what do you want to buy?
    1 of the western made product or 8ish of the Chinese copied stuff?
    So now you lover the price to 7$ and you lose 6$ on every product you sell and the problem is that you still have 5 batches left to sell.
    lets say you sell them, and here you see my point, you will lose a 9 times more money then you make if you are not one of the big brands.
    And that is why i don't by Chinese stuff, i try to help out the little man that almost always is forgotten and blamed for the high prices.

Hope you get something of what i wrote, my first langue is not English sooo. :P
    you made a lousy argument. what are the chinese copying? who is making a glass screen protector for lumia 1520? no one. zero. nada. so in this case, is it wrong to get one from the chinese manufacturer? gladfully, i'll do it as long as spigen et al is not stepping up to the plate.
    04-07-2014 09:30 AM
    Same here..I would prefer a USA built one..but there isn't any one else making them..

Same for getting a quality hip case...I had a long talk with. Sedio and Otter box this morning enquiring why they aren't stepping up...after all these are a flagship phone..Otter box is going to do 1 for Verizon Icon..but Sedio has no plans yet...pisses me off to no ends..

Mac

Sent from my Nokia 1520
    04-07-2014 01:48 PM
    Subscribing to this thread; hopefully that DayJoy model ends up working out; their other screen protectors don't have good feedback - all 1 stars. Looks like it will take 3 weeks to arrive, and not be a very good product if it follows in line with these reviews.

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

doesnt fit 1020 and scratched when arrived
    By Tom L. Regos on April 4, 2014
    Amazon Verified Purchase
    inferior protector. doesnt even fit my lumia 1020
    made for another phone.
    waited 3 weeks for delivery overpriced for inferior product.

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
    HORRIABLE!!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!
    By BTARWOOD on March 25, 2014
    Amazon Verified Purchase
    I received this product, which was not for the surface pro, completely shatered . The packaging was something you would ship a sheet of paper in not a sheet of glass. Don't trust this company with your money.
    Comment Was this review helpful to you?
    Yes
    No
    1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
    Would be great, if it wasn't shipped in tape.
    By cwm9 on March 14, 2014
    Amazon Verified Purchase
    This is an example of a great product ruined by poor customer service. This item, a large sheet of thin glass, was shipped to me, if you can believe it, wrapped in a single layer of bubble wrap that was then wrapped in a layer of plastic tape. Now, in fairness, the product itself has a box with some plastic reinforcement, but this is not enough to prevent damage from shipping all the way from China.

If the seller would charge a little MORE and use the money to properly ship the product, it would probably be awesome.

Until then, the door remains open for a manufacturer to provide a decent glass protector for the Surface.
    len0808 likes this.
    04-07-2014 03:07 PM
    On another note, I contacted iloome, which makes very good tempered screen protectors for lots of other devices, (website here) and they said that they do not plan on making a Windows Lumia 1520 screen protector anytime soon.

Here was my conversation;
    "Hello,
    Do you plan on making an iloome screen protector for the Lumia 1520? It would be a great phone to make it for since it has a huge display with thin glass. Please say yes, since I am sure many owners would buy one!!!".
    "Hello, Thanks for your email. To be honest, probably not :( Sorry!
    Thanks,
    Luke"
    "Thanks Luke - any reason in particular? Hating on Windows phone? :("
    "Hello,
    More or less :( Actually, it's just not economically feasible for us (the demand is low and it costs quite bit to develop the tempered glass screen protectors for each models).
    Thanks for your understanding!
    Best regards,
    Luke"
    04-07-2014 03:10 PM
    Well...we will just have to wait and see how these work..

Fingers crossed

Mac

Sent from my Nokia 1520
    oditius likes this.
    04-07-2014 07:43 PM
    Well,the glass screen protector came in today's mail.

I'll try to post up some pictures

It was easy enough to install and has no bubbles underneath,which is amazing.

It doesn't cover completely side to side because of the curved screen ,but comes close top and bottom.

Quality is excellent,sensitivity is the same as a bare screen...so I am well pleased
    Mac

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
    multo, j o e l and mmcpher like this.
    04-21-2014 09:02 PM
    I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures.
    04-21-2014 10:11 PM
    Not pressuring the Ts but pics pics pics! :D

04-21-2014 10:48 PM
    It's going to have to wait till I can get my desktop up and running.I can't upload photos for some reason tonite.

Sorry

Mac

04-22-2014 12:41 AM
    I may buy one of these. Awaiting the review as well.
    04-22-2014 07:57 PM
    review :-)
    04-22-2014 11:21 PM
    I'm trying to get some pictures to post,but can't get them off my phone into photo bucket

What's the best way to do this with WP on this forum..

clicking on manage attachments does nothing..

Mac
    04-22-2014 11:55 PM
    How about sharing via onedrive?

04-23-2014 12:08 AM
    OK...I hope this works..had to use a different computer and IE 10 for some reason...totally wierd..This is in the Insepio NFG case btw..
    The curve of the screen shows up well ...as so does all the lint (sorry)

It doesn't cover it completely as you can see...but does cover it well enough.

The feel is exactly like a bare screen,super slick and has no bubbles under it as far as I can see. Sensitiviy is excellent..just like a bare screen..so I don't know what else to say except it is worth the wait and cash..

I'll try to add a few more pictures of what comes in the package as soon as I get them downloaded

I'm having to down load these from the locker to my phone then upload them to photobucket..cause today I had the ATT store restore my phone back to 8.0 WP..from the Developers Preview...I had a few issues that kept me from keeping it..so another full reset and it was all back to stock..

Mac
    oditius likes this.
    04-23-2014 02:17 AM
    You just made everyone's day Mac. Hehehe. Quick question though, in the second pic wherein you mention it doesn't totally cover the screen, do you mean like the sides and edges are "lifted" from the screen a bit or are they still flat and flushed to the phone's glass? I encircled the part where I'm a bit concerned as it seems the edges don't touch the screen fully
    temporary-2.jpg
    04-23-2014 02:51 AM
    You just made everyone's day Mac. Hehehe. Quick question though, in the second pic wherein you mention it doesn't totally cover the screen, do you mean like the sides and edges are "lifted" from the screen a bit or are they still flat and flushed to the phone's glass? I encircled the part where I'm a bit concerned as it seems the edges don't touch the screen fully
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temporary-2.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	64233
    It's slightly raised where the curve falls off to the bezel.You can see the line where the curve starts if you enlarge the picture.You don't really notice it when the screen is on though.

Here's what comes in the package.................

You get the glass screen,a hard plastic squeegy,a anti static lint remover(blue package) and a moisten towelett.

I didn't need the squeegy at all..The glass screen has only 1 side to remove the plastic from,and that is the side you stick down.I just removed the phone from the case,powered down,cleaned the bare screen really good,then used the anti static tape (blue package) to stick on the screen as best as I could...it's very stickey so don't try to wipe it,stick it on and pull it off like using most other types of tape.I lined everything up for a dry run before removing the plastic off of it,and found lining it up with the bottom was best for my tired old eyes..It did leave more exposed on the top,but it still looks good and my fingers are always hitting the bottom of the screen anyways.

Once I was sure of it's positioning,I removed the plastic covering and holding it flush on the sides with my index and middle fingers,starting it down from the bottom pushing in the center of the sheild onto the display,making sure it was centered good.I did pull it up 1 time because I was off a little more and it suffered no ill effects since it wasn't pressed down hard. Once down,it was easy as pie to remove the few bubbles under it pushing them out with finger pressure only.

It's been on now for a couple days and it is without a doubt very good quality and should last a long long time.I needed this because of my job having to crawl in ceilings,under floors inside equipment so with the Insepio case on it being carried inside my horizontal carry PDair case...

It is well protected and rides very nice...the guys at work claim I'm carrying around a "Big Screen TV " on my hip..but it doesn't feel obtrusive at all and rides well out of the way.It rides much better with out the Insepio for sure,cause it does add some bulk to it that wasn't designed for it,but the elastic sides accomodates it very well..as you can see I've already have a few scratches on the leather.

Hope this helps,it's a good screen protector as far as I can see,and not too expensive or that long of wait. The case is expensive btw..but,in my line of work protecting a healthy investment of the phone is worth every penny.

Mac
    oditius, multo and panchovx like this.
    04-23-2014 03:19 AM
    Thanks for the review and all Mac. Helps really to make a decision on this

04-23-2014 01:22 PM
    Glad it helped in a small way

Max

04-23-2014 09:02 PM
182 1234 ...