Tempered glass screen protector

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I have ordered 3 different cheap-China screen protectors but only one of them has the exact correct size. One was too big and the other was too narrow at the bottom, but I didn't expect much more from a $1.99 either.

You guys who ordered this, please give us some feedback when you receive it.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I ordered one too, if it works and feels like the one I had on my HTC, I will love it... If it doesn't I wanted to replace the Zagg shield anyway. (I did the install wrong, so it has little wrinkles) Zagg sent me another to replace it, but I haven't gotten to it yet...

clechner77

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I ordered the tempered glass shield as well. If its like the Bodyguards there is zero comparison. No protector is even close. Doesn't break, scratch, and doesn't degrade touch. We will see, however.

henkepalmquist

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Had a spigen tempered glass on my xperia z, saved the screen two times.
Frist time was when i dropped it and it hit a crystal glass that was standing on the floor after a "party".
I picked it up and the screen was totally cracked, and in "I DON'T WANT TO CUT MYSELF" and hangover panic i dropped it again :p

Took awhile for me to remember the tempered glass but when i pulled it of, the screen underneath was completely fine and not a single scratch or bump.
I would love to have one of these on my Nokia 1520 but i don't buy Chinese stuff like this, so i guess i have to w8 forever for the German or american glass thing. :-(

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Had a spigen tempered glass on my xperia z, saved the screen two times.
Frist time was when i dropped it and it hit a crystal glass that was standing on the floor after a "party".
I picked it up and the screen was totally cracked, and in "I DON'T WANT TO CUT MYSELF" and hangover panic i dropped it again :p

Took awhile for me to remember the tempered glass but when i pulled it of, the screen underneath was completely fine and not a single scratch or bump.
I would love to have one of these on my Nokia 1520 but i don't buy Chinese stuff like this, so i guess i have to w8 forever for the German or american glass thing. :-(

Did you remove the anti shatter film on the Xperia Z before fitting it?

Why not buy Chinese stuff?

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I am wondering...if all of these glass screen protectors are made in china...or at least assembled there out of Japanese parts..

Mac

Sent from my Nokia 1520

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. How thick are these type of screen protectors? Does it feel like glass when you slide your finger over them?

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Last edited:

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This one I believe is .3mm thick. Normally these tempered glass protectors do feel like it's naked since it's also made of glass

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

henkepalmquist

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Did you remove the anti shatter film on the Xperia Z before fitting it?

Why not buy Chinese stuff?

No i did not remove the anti****film, had some marks and scratches on it but it dispersed with the tempered glass on it.

Why i don't buy Chinese stuff?
Occupational hazard i guess, it not so much that the workers there don't get any pay worth talking about.
But more about the fact that the Chinese are trying to undermine the production value by simply copying the products developed by the west.
If you, in today's world create a product you have no more then 3 months to make money out of it.
After that the Chinese will have made a copy (almost always better and ALWAYS to a lower cost) and then there is no longer any way to make a money out of the product you created.
You have to lower the price and you will then start losing money on every sold product just to cut you losses.
EX;
Dev=50 000$
Production=2000$/10 000pieces
5.2$/p
After shipping, taxes and fees you can sell it for 15$/p and you make 2$ profit
2$/3
0.66$ to the creator and developer.
And if you sell 5 batches you make a profit of 33 000$-taxes in my case 54%

And then a Chinese maker start to sell the copied product on ebay for 1.99$ a piece.
15$ vs 1.99$, what do you want to buy?
1 of the western made product or 8ish of the Chinese copied stuff?
So now you lover the price to 7$ and you lose 6$ on every product you sell and the problem is that you still have 5 batches left to sell.
lets say you sell them, and here you see my point, you will lose a 9 times more money then you make if you are not one of the big brands.
And that is why i don't by Chinese stuff, i try to help out the little man that almost always is forgotten and blamed for the high prices.

Hope you get something of what i wrote, my first langue is not English sooo. :p

bleargh

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my 4th 1520 now [leaned against a sharp edge with it in my pocket/faulty battery expanded and broke the digitizer/turned off #3 and it never came back on (MS Store loved that one)], so I have it in a case with a screen protector at all times to minimize the chances of needing a 5th. Not everyone has a life full of soft pillowy unicorn rainbows. Stuff happens...

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
turned off #3 and it never came back on (MS Store loved that one)],

My first one went off on a video I was watching, and never came back on either... my #2 doesn't seem to have any real problems. Except for the screen really not liking lazy fingers... Real sensitive even with my Zagg shield on it....

len0808

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
No i did not remove the anti****film, had some marks and scratches on it but it dispersed with the tempered glass on it.

Why i don't buy Chinese stuff?
Occupational hazard i guess, it not so much that the workers there don't get any pay worth talking about.
But more about the fact that the Chinese are trying to undermine the production value by simply copying the products developed by the west.
If you, in today's world create a product you have no more then 3 months to make money out of it.
After that the Chinese will have made a copy (almost always better and ALWAYS to a lower cost) and then there is no longer any way to make a money out of the product you created.
You have to lower the price and you will then start losing money on every sold product just to cut you losses.
EX;
Dev=50 000$
Production=2000$/10 000pieces
5.2$/p
After shipping, taxes and fees you can sell it for 15$/p and you make 2$ profit
2$/3
0.66$ to the creator and developer.
And if you sell 5 batches you make a profit of 33 000$-taxes in my case 54%

And then a Chinese maker start to sell the copied product on ebay for 1.99$ a piece.
15$ vs 1.99$, what do you want to buy?
1 of the western made product or 8ish of the Chinese copied stuff?
So now you lover the price to 7$ and you lose 6$ on every product you sell and the problem is that you still have 5 batches left to sell.
lets say you sell them, and here you see my point, you will lose a 9 times more money then you make if you are not one of the big brands.
And that is why i don't by Chinese stuff, i try to help out the little man that almost always is forgotten and blamed for the high prices.

Hope you get something of what i wrote, my first langue is not English sooo. :p

you made a lousy argument. what are the chinese copying? who is making a glass screen protector for lumia 1520? no one. zero. nada. so in this case, is it wrong to get one from the chinese manufacturer? gladfully, i'll do it as long as spigen et al is not stepping up to the plate.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Same here..I would prefer a USA built one..but there isn't any one else making them..

Same for getting a quality hip case...I had a long talk with. Sedio and Otter box this morning enquiring why they aren't stepping up...after all these are a flagship phone..Otter box is going to do 1 for Verizon Icon..but Sedio has no plans yet...pisses me off to no ends..

Mac

Sent from my Nokia 1520

Ian Hanson

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Subscribing to this thread; hopefully that DayJoy model ends up working out; their other screen protectors don't have good feedback - all 1 stars. Looks like it will take 3 weeks to arrive, and not be a very good product if it follows in line with these reviews.

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

doesnt fit 1020 and scratched when arrived
By Tom L. Regos on April 4, 2014
Amazon Verified Purchase
inferior protector. doesnt even fit my lumia 1020
made for another phone.
waited 3 weeks for delivery overpriced for inferior product.

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
HORRIABLE!!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!
By BTARWOOD on March 25, 2014
Amazon Verified Purchase
I received this product, which was not for the surface pro, completely shatered . The packaging was something you would ship a sheet of paper in not a sheet of glass. Don't trust this company with your money.
Comment Was this review helpful to you?
Yes
No
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
Would be great, if it wasn't shipped in tape.
By cwm9 on March 14, 2014
Amazon Verified Purchase
This is an example of a great product ruined by poor customer service. This item, a large sheet of thin glass, was shipped to me, if you can believe it, wrapped in a single layer of bubble wrap that was then wrapped in a layer of plastic tape. Now, in fairness, the product itself has a box with some plastic reinforcement, but this is not enough to prevent damage from shipping all the way from China.

If the seller would charge a little MORE and use the money to properly ship the product, it would probably be awesome.

Until then, the door remains open for a manufacturer to provide a decent glass protector for the Surface.

Ian Hanson

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
On another note, I contacted iloome, which makes very good tempered screen protectors for lots of other devices, (website here) and they said that they do not plan on making a Windows Lumia 1520 screen protector anytime soon.

Here was my conversation;
"Hello,
Do you plan on making an iloome screen protector for the Lumia 1520? It would be a great phone to make it for since it has a huge display with thin glass. Please say yes, since I am sure many owners would buy one!!!".
"Hello, Thanks for your email. To be honest, probably not :( Sorry!
Thanks,
Luke"
"Thanks Luke - any reason in particular? Hating on Windows phone? :("
"Hello,
More or less :( Actually, it's just not economically feasible for us (the demand is low and it costs quite bit to develop the tempered glass screen protectors for each models).
Thanks for your understanding!
Best regards,
Luke"

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Well,the glass screen protector came in today's mail.

I'll try to post up some pictures

It was easy enough to install and has no bubbles underneath,which is amazing.

It doesn't cover completely side to side because of the curved screen ,but comes close top and bottom.

Quality is excellent,sensitivity is the same as a bare screen...so I am well pleased
Mac

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12