Tempered glass screen protector

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I wonder why the nillkin has the tapered sides ..... Love that is comes with camera glass protection, can't wait for a review of this item

majster007

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I hope it isn t like the screen protector i got with the Nillkin super frosted case; that was ..... how should i say......grotesk.
The edges on the bottom were cut off like the dude doing it was tottaly wasted. The gap was 10 mm wide!

majster007

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
2014042419372973499.jpg

LOL just looked it up; same shaite as in my case. I wonder why they can make fitting edges on the top and a "comedy" on bottom at the same time?!?!?!?

elvandar

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
The shape of that screen protector is so confusing and stupid. Not only the bottom corners, but the cut-out for the motion sensor in the top middle... why would that ever be necessary?

j o e l

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the one from RPAS (Link) but I'm not completely satisfied. First, my fingers doesn't seem to glide as well compared to the gorilla glass on the phone, or even compared to the plastic film I had on the phone before. It also seems much harder to clean. I was trying to see if there is a protective film on top of the glass but there isn't.

Second, the cutout for the front camera ends up almost on top of the lens! It's noticeable on photos taken with the front camera. The glass is installed perfectly centered (was so happy with myself about that). It would have to be installed way over to the left to avoid interference with the lens. One thing I noticed is that the cutout on the one I got looks different from what is shown on the ebay page.

The only reason I haven't taken it off is because I am finally able to install a screen protector that is perfectly centered with no dust or bubbles caught in between. That has never happened before. I'm very conflicted.

photo 2.JPGphoto 1.JPG

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Still have the Day Joy on both mine and the wife's phone.

Both are holding up well,still easy to slide your fingers on,and with my case on you can't feel the edges at all. Easy to clean up 👆 fingerprints and smudges.

While some may want one that is completely curved like the screen,I would think it would make it weaker by doin so.

I have no issues with the sensors speaker or anything else with this glass protector and feel it is a good value for the money.

Mac

elvandar

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the one from RPAS (Link) but I'm not completely satisfied. First, my fingers doesn't seem to glide as well compared to the gorilla glass on the phone, or even compared to the plastic film I had on the phone before. It also seems much harder to clean. I was trying to see if there is a protective film on top of the glass but there isn't.

Second, the cutout for the front camera ends up almost on top of the lens! It's noticeable on photos taken with the front camera. The glass is installed perfectly centered (was so happy with myself about that). It would have to be installed way over to the left to avoid interference with the lens. One thing I noticed is that the cutout on the one I got looks different from what is shown on the ebay page.

The only reason I haven't taken it off is because I am finally able to install a screen protector that is perfectly centered with no dust or bubbles caught in between. That has never happened before. I'm very conflicted.

View attachment 66399View attachment 66400

interesting since i ordered that exact one (see earlier in the thread) and my cutout isnt like that and i dont feel any difference between the original screen and this protector. maybe you should ask for another one

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'll stick to my illumishield plastic ones then, they fit perfectly just before the curve in the glass and with a lifetime replacement warranty I just always keep it fresh

Khang Ngo2

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Actually try bodygaurdz, it fits very nicely with the wet application. So far it has been wonderful for me until there's a version of tempered glass that would fit the beveled edges as well.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Actually try bodygaurdz, it fits very nicely with the wet application. So far it has been wonderful for me until there's a version of tempered glass that would fit the beveled edges as well.

That's the great part about the illumishield, its a dry application and is as big as possible without having the rounded edges come into play.

It is not cut all crazy short like most other dry application ones.

It is literally the perfect dry application screen protector.

I prefer the loom and feel of the dry application or the soft gummy wet application material.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok so my original order hasn't arrived yet. Already filed a dispute and seller is resending so I'll be waiting for a couple more weeks. My order on the Nillkin tempered glass is here though and let me share some thoughts.

Packaging is pretty simple. Cardboard box with all the necessary stuff for applying it. You get a wet cloth, dry cloth, static cling film, etc.
packaging.jpg

Top has the sensors cut out and the speaker but the camera lens is covered. I tested it and it doesn't bother me. Quality of the pic is the same. There's minimal lift on the edge but it's something I gotta live with due to the nature of the screen.
top.jpg

Bottom is as majster above mentioned, a bit of a comedy. I couldn't understand why they cut it this way. They could have just squared it off and it would be better in my opinion. The good thing about it is that it has no lifts on the edges.
bottom.jpg

Here's a pic of the side. It's about .3mm thick so you can see it. I like that the glass is beveled(I hope the term is right) so it isn't sharp.
side.jpg

Full body shot. It's cut smaller than the screen around the edges as to I believe minimize lifts since our glass is rounded all around. I'm still trying to get used to the bottom part being cut a bit weird however I will admit that the feel of using a glass protector feels like you're just touching the screen. It's very smooth and all my swipes and presses register. So far I think I can live with it. A plus note on this is that they give you a camera lens protector as well. Two pieces actually. I've installed them and they seem good.
full.jpg

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have this one. Installed it 2 weeks ago. I reapply several times due to misalignment. So little lift near front camera. But I feel that this glass easily smug but can clean easily. How about yours?

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok so my original order hasn't arrived yet. Already filed a dispute and seller is resending so I'll be waiting for a couple more weeks. My order on the Nillkin tempered glass is here though and let me share some thoughts.

Packaging is pretty simple. Cardboard box with all the necessary stuff for applying it. You get a wet cloth, dry cloth, static cling film, etc.
View attachment 68271

Top has the sensors cut out and the speaker but the camera lens is covered. I tested it and it doesn't bother me. Quality of the pic is the same. There's minimal lift on the edge but it's something I gotta live with due to the nature of the screen.
View attachment 68272

Bottom is as majster above mentioned, a bit of a comedy. I couldn't understand why they cut it this way. They could have just squared it off and it would be better in my opinion. The good thing about it is that it has no lifts on the edges.
View attachment 68273

Here's a pic of the side. It's about .3mm thick so you can see it. I like that the glass is beveled(I hope the term is right) so it isn't sharp.
View attachment 68274

Full body shot. It's cut smaller than the screen around the edges as to I believe minimize lifts since our glass is rounded all around. I'm still trying to get used to the bottom part being cut a bit weird however I will admit that the feel of using a glass protector feels like you're just touching the screen. It's very smooth and all my swipes and presses register. So far I think I can live with it. A plus note on this is that they give you a camera lens protector as well. Two pieces actually. I've installed them and they seem good.
View attachment 68275

Yow!..pics with the camera lens protector installed?

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have this one. Installed it 2 weeks ago. I reapply several times due to misalignment. So little lift near front camera. But I feel that this glass easily smug but can clean easily. How about yours?

It's easy to wipe as well. I get some smudges but that's normal for us using clear protectors

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yow!..pics with the camera lens protector installed?

Hope it's clear enough. I didn't remove my case anymore. Protector covers the whole lens
y4azetam.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb