Lumia 1520 vs 930

Shayan Davoodi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Actually the 930 and 1520 packs the same lenses and sensor, same 26 mm lenses with 6 lens and f 2.4 aperture and the same 1/2.5 inch sensor. So the photos from the 930/1520 are exactly the same size and resolution.

I corrected my statement. Thanks for the information I didn't know that.
That is 100% personal opinion. Many of us, including myself, prefer the IPS LCD display.
Yes you are right. I edited my post.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
For a short time I will have both devices.... The 1520 and 930... My 930 was new off of Amazon. My 1520 off of eBay. When I get the 1520 I'll do a small comparison if anyone is interested. Just let me know. Since I'm in Europe I have both European versions.

ElronTheElder

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Find the L1520 a capable phone which I can read outside in sunlight. This is not the case with other phones I use...whatever the tech involved is, I'm ok with it. Was trying to take a picture with a different phone and couldn't see the screen. I mean just couldn't see it at all.
Think Motorola phones pick up signals better but hey, it is what it is.
Nokia/MS Lumia 1520 is a great phone.

Ahmed Monged

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
For a short time I will have both devices.... The 1520 and 930... My 930 was new off of Amazon. My 1520 off of eBay. When I get the 1520 I'll do a small comparison if anyone is interested. Just let me know. Since I'm in Europe I have both European versions.

That would be much appreciated specially if you mention the issues you face with the 1520. determined to get it, but then i found out about the phantom taps issues, and people complianed that it ruined the device, which made me hesitate and consider other options and aincesince there arent many in wp's case, it was either 830 or 930 for me

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
That would be much appreciated specially if you mention the issues you face with the 1520. determined to get it, but then i found out about the phantom taps issues, and people complianed that it ruined the device, which made me hesitate and consider other options and aincesince there arent many in wp's case, it was either 830 or 930 for me

Sure. I don't mind. I will of course share my thoughts with the internet, where all of my opinions are valid =D haha.

In all seriousness, I highly doubt that EVERY device is flawed. Remember, people who have issues are the ones who search on the internet and find the forums 99% of the time. When was the last time you went on the internet to praise your wrist watch? But if it lost 5 minutes a day, wouldn't you rant?

I'm just saying, it can't be everyone. The majority of the devices must work just fine. I'm not saying that the faults and defects are not there. I'm sure that in this case with the 1520 that there are MORE defects present than on most other devices, but still, it can't be present on EVERY device.

Ahmed Monged

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Sure. I don't mind. I will of course share my thoughts with the internet, where all of my opinions are valid =D haha.

In all seriousness, I highly doubt that EVERY device is flawed. Remember, people who have issues are the ones who search on the internet and find the forums 99% of the time. When was the last time you went on the internet to praise your wrist watch? But if it lost 5 minutes a day, wouldn't you rant?

I'm just saying, it can't be everyone. The majority of the devices must work just fine. I'm not saying that the faults and defects are not there. I'm sure that in this case with the 1520 that there are MORE defects present than on most other devices, but still, it can't be present on EVERY device.
True. However, I like to see the worst case scenrio and deal with it, so I would like to know how to deal with the problem and how others approach it even if i dont face it. You know, better safe than sorry. I mean, in my country most brand new devices arent covered by warranty so if it is a defected one, i have to deal with it. :p

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I have both the 930 (Icon on Verizon) and a 1520. Was rocking the 1520 for a while on AT&T until the Denim update on the Icon came out and I was able to use the proxy trick to unhide the MMS APN settings and now can use on AT&T without any problems. The Denim update is awesome, and I'll be able to give a better comparison between the two when it comes out on AT&T, but at the moment I actually do find myself missing the size of the 1520. Never thought I'd say that, but once you get used to it its amazing. Battery life is also a lot better

That said, the 930 is much easier to carry around as a guy who keeps his phone in his pocket. Its really well built and it has taken a beating like a champ. I love the phone and will probably continue to use it going forward, but I do miss the 1520's screen.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I have a 1520 at the moment. Phantom tap killed my love for the phone to the point it almost hurts. It's a shame really. My 930 will be here tomorrow. **** this defect. I'll miss the battery life.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Enjoy the personal palm heater. Haha. I'm doing the opposite. Going from the 930 to 1520. Hopefully mine won't be defective. But I'll keep both for a while.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 930

Shayan Davoodi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I really didn't mean "touch sensitivity" but "response time".
I mean whenever you touch an AMOLED it reacts faster than IPS and it's the most disadvantage of IPS screens.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
And speaking of AMOLED, was the burn-in issue ever resolved? Two years ago I walked into an AT&T store and saw a AMOLED display with horrible burn-in. I hope things have improved.

Ahmed El Hefnawy

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
The sensitivity issue is really annoying for my 1520.1.
I don't know if it still present in 1520.3 .
It is not apparent in core apps but obvious in 3rd party apps like NextGen reader and Twitter.
It is not an issue in gaming.
Oh, I experienced the issue after installing a screen protector. Can someone who never used a screen protector tell me more about this issue ?

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
The sensitivity issue is really annoying for my 1520.1.

I don't know if it still present in 1520.3 .

It is not apparent in core apps but obvious in 3rd party apps like NextGen reader and Twitter.

It is not an issue in gaming.

Oh, I experienced the issue after installing a screen protector. Can someone who never used a screen protector tell me more about this issue ?

I don't know if that has anything to do with it. The sensitivity shouldn't change from app to app. The system does that. Could it be a placebo effect?

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I just went back to a 1520. Noticed the quality of photos with Lumera Cam 5 are so much better in terms of color, contrast and sharpness on the 1520. Dynamic flash actually works properly without turning a face into a water painting. I compared some shots from both devices and I was appalled how bad the 930 faired vs my 1520. Not sure if it was my device but I'm glad I traded it.

Also noticed camera processed files faster on 1520 when richtone is on, which is weird given the identical specs. Both phones were wiped after denim with no backups. I'm a bit surprised here with the noticeable improvement with 1520 vs 930 for photography. When I have some time I'll post up examples.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I just went back to a 1520. Noticed the quality of photos with Lumera Cam 5 are so much better in terms of color, contrast and sharpness on the 1520. Dynamic flash actually works properly without turning a face into a water painting. I compared some shots from both devices and I was appalled how bad the 930 faired vs my 1520. Not sure if it was my device but I'm glad I traded it.

Also noticed camera processed files faster on 1520 when richtone is on, which is weird given the identical specs. Both phones were wiped after denim with no backups. I'm a bit surprised here with the noticeable improvement with 1520 vs 930 for photography. When I have some time I'll post up examples.

Maybe the difference is on the screen and not on the camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa