Will I need to put down a deposit if I buy the 1520 for full price?

All HaIIows Eve

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
So I want to buy the 1520. I'm not with at&t right now and I want to buy the 1520 outright. Whats the process for people not currently with at&t? Will I still need to put down a deposit due to not having any credit even if I'm bringing my own phone?

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think bringing your own device makes any difference. You will probably still have to submit to a credit check if you don't currently have service with them. If they require a deposit and you're not comfortable with that, you may want to consider a prepaid plan. From what I understand, there are some really good plans these days. Of course, the provider would have to be compatible with your device.

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Have you looked at ATT's Go Phone program? Same network, no credit check, 1520 should work just fine. I have a few members in my extended family using it with gently used Windows phones (i.e phones I'm done playing with) just fine.

For ATT's "classic" service, there is going to be a credit check and a possible request for deposit, even on month-month (I don't do contracts typically either).

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
You only supply your SSN if you are opening a new contract. If you are buying a phone outright without signing a new contract, you just buy it and don't give any SSN. You only provide SSN if you are signing a new contract.

Hendonojutsu

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Actually you do need your social even if you buy the phone outright. Even if you don't do a two year contract, post paid phones are still a month to month contract with a credit check. Only way around that is GoPhone. 60 bucks gets you 2 gigs and unlimited talk and unlimited text with at&t :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786