How do you carry around your 1520?

RyanKennedy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I was contemplating a 1520 and was wondering how you carry around yours. Does it fit in most standard front pockets? Does it go in and out of the pocket easily, or do you have to force it out? If you don't use a pocket, where do you put it? The 6" screen calls to me, but not if I can't carry it around in my pocket or on my person on a day-to-day basis. Thanks!

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't wear skinny jeans so yep, it goes well in my pocket. At times I'd simply have it in my hand. It only felt big at first but after some time you'll get used to it

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 1520 for a few months now, I'm an average sized guy and wear regular jeans and trousers and have no problem with it fitting into my pockets. It only felt big in my hands for about 5 minutes. The pro's of this truly awesome phone far outweigh the cons. Playing games, reading ebooks, watching movies.......everything you do on a 1520 is just sooooooo much better. Get it mate, you wont regret it

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Fits perfectly in back jeans pockets. Sometimes it sticks out of it about 1/2" but otherwise, no problems carrying it around.

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
in a case and hand carry.
if i'm carrying my tablet -in a messenger bag sized to fit- the phone is in that
as i'm using a headset for calls.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I usually have it in my shirt or jacket pocket.

To be fair I have had all 3 of the galaxy notes and they were much more noticeable in my pocket than the 1520 is. I'm not sure why buy it just doesn't feel like a 6" phone in either weight or feel.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I am also interested in how people carry it around. I have ready that some people have been getting cracks in the screen, when they have the phone in pockets. Sitting down can cause pressure cracks. So I figure I can use a holster when I go to work, since I where a belt. However, there are times I want to show off my b*tt ;-):wink: and will wear skinny jeans with no belt. I am afraid these time it may be difficult to carry the phone. The holsters I have seen do not work without a belt, and I do not want to carry it around in my hand.

Philip

Solar Mike

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I cut out 3 layers of cardboard the exact size of the phone, tightly taped them together, and tried them in all my pockets as an experiment.

Most pockets took it just fine, while it'll peek out the top of most shirt pockets, but to me that's no biggie.

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site
You'll find my phone on my office desk, or in my car or on my bed. In between, carried with my hand on most of the time although it always fit's in my pocket whenever I want to.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I carry mine around in exactly the same way as my Lumia 920, and to be honest it feels exactly the same after a few days. The weight distribution is excellent to the extent that it actually feels lighter in the hand than the 920 despite being heavier overall.

The closest the 1520 has come to not fitting in my jeans/suit trouser pocket is coming level with the top, but otherwise it's perfectly acceptable. I don't mess around with cases or any of that rubbish and haven't yet had a problem sitting down (or even with the phone in my pocket whilst driving whilst I waited for the new Brodit holder to be delivered) or walking.

I'd feel a whole lot less secure not having my phone directly on my person (i.e. in a holster) - makes it much easier to drop/pickpocket.

Nevin Pradeep

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I keep mine in my front jeans pocket, but I just ordered a t-mag pouch off amazon. It seems to be low profile with no buttons or snaps to scratch the screen. I'll report back.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying to find a good case or holster to carry mine at work.

The choices are far and few...but came across the pricey Pdair and decided that this was what I wanted to get.I just ordered it off Amazon...and at $49.99...and free shipping seems to be the best choice for me for my needs to protect it on my job..I had one of their leather holsters for my Captivate and it really is extremely high quality and very durable.

Right now I have mine in a Insepio mfg and a cheap belt holder for another case gotten off Amazon and am worried about it getting damaged constantly.

While not everyone's choice,I like them on my hip and hopefully I can still get it inside with the Insepio and have some protection when I have it out.

Mac

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss