1020 to 1520?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Please post a review of the 1520 vs the note 3 when you get a chance. I'm considering moving from a note 3 to a 1520 here soon and would love your input.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

It all depends on what you use your Note 3 for and how you use it as well. If you use your S pen a lot then you will miss it but I find the 1520 to be faster and a lot smoother than the Note 3

I didn't use the S pen a lot so I don't miss that one bit. As soon as I tried windows phone I knew that it was for me. Having spent years with ios and then years with android I was always trying apps, most of which were useless and likewise I was always changing this and that and was never quite happy with anyway I had the phone (this goes for all of my android phones/tablets) I only change the colour now but I leave my tiles in the same place now that I have them the way I want them.

My biggest hate was Google, Christ you can't even leave feedback for an app without signing into Google now and if you do that it eats your battery (they may have fixed the Google now/battery problem now) I just wasn't happy with a lot of the way thing were done.

Then I tried windows and after messing about with it to get it how I liked over the first few days I had that moment when I realised that all I wanted in a phone was what windows gave me. Live tiles seem so simple but they are the best thing about the phone. I just need to look at my phone most of the time to know what I want to know and with glance you don't even need to do that all the time.

I have been using windows since last year but I only got my 1520 a couple of weeks ago and it is even better now because of the bigger screen and more tiles. I would love it if they had a waterproof phone, that's why my Z1 was so great but anyway you would be surprised how handy a Ziploc bag is when I'm out on my boat.

I also though that I would hold on to my Xperia Z1 and maybe my Nexus 7 to cover what windows was missing just in case I needed it. Have a look at my signature and you will see how that went!

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
With my mom now having a 1020, I use the camera(i used it this past weekend at a family gathering)

I honestly don't miss it really. it is slightly better but in a lot of cases, the 1520 i have now can hold its own.

I'd say go for 1520 since there really is no inclination of a 1020 successor coming really.

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I currently own both and here's my thoughts.

Lumia 1520 has a better browsing experience and the battery life is just awesome. I use it as a work phone and it syncs to my Exchange at work. OneNote and Office apps are just great experience on this device. I have a few news apps, texting apps, and on a normal day, I am productive on it with 4-5 hours of on screen time. I usually get 2 days out of it charging it at the end of the second day at night, usually at around ~20%. This is my Monday - Friday phone.

Lumia 1020 is my weekend phone. I also have a couple of texting app, news apps, 4 email accounts - 2 on push 2 on fetch every hour. I use social apps like fb, IG on it all the time. On a normal day, I take a load of pictures (about 20-50) and usually ends the day with around 20%-30% left. I charge it daily during weekends.

If I had to choose, I'd still go with my Lumia 1020. Can't beat those great photos it takes.

Sent from my RM-875_apac_sea_220 using Tapatalk

Ichigo

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
1020 is tempting indeed. I am considering to move from 1520 to 1020. Bigger size comes with bigger responsibility.. lol..

j o e l

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
The 1520 has SD card ability up to 128GB and soon you can install apps on it. This on top of having a larger screen which allows for much better reading/watching/gaming swayed me to get the 1520.

Also, it is rumored that 1520 may also have SensorCore(?).

j o e l

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
As for the size: No more skinny pants for me. Now I wear slacks - more pocket room and has added benefit of better ventilation for the "boys".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett