I'm looking into buying one of the 1520's off of newegg.com that seems to be the rm-938 model that will work with ATT and has Qi charging. However, talking to Nokia, they say that if I buy it outside my country they will not honor their warranty. Newegg.com only gives me a 30 day warranty. With all the issues that everyone has been reporting would you risk only having a 30 day warranty in order to get Qi and ATT LTE speeds?

I currently have a 920 and two charging pads in my house. I like wireless charging, but am not heavily invested in it.
    04-07-2014 12:36 PM
    I'm looking into buying one of the 1520's off of newegg.com that seems to be the rm-938 model that will work with ATT and has Qi charging. However, talking to Nokia, they say that if I buy it outside my country they will not honor their warranty. Newegg.com only gives me a 30 day warranty. With all the issues that everyone has been reporting would you risk only having a 30 day warranty in order to get Qi and ATT LTE speeds?

I currently have a 920 and two charging pads in my house. I like wireless charging, but am not heavily invested in it.
    I wasn't aware that Nokia even warrantied stuff in the US anyway. You might try just buying insurance through a place like Extended Warranty Insurance - Extended Warranties - Protection Plans – Electronic Insurance or even see if a local MS store will allow you to buy insurance if you bring it in and show that it's brand new. Actually, doesn't Newegg offer you insurance as well when you check out?
    04-07-2014 12:55 PM
    Ya, I think they do but my searching can't turn anything up on how good it is so I'm still wondering if its worth it or not.
    04-07-2014 02:20 PM
    So Nokia will not honor the warranty for phones purchased from Newegg? Isn't Newegg located in the US, I assume they mean the phone was not marketed fro the U.S. If they will not honor the warranty, I am not getting the phone. I had never thought about the warranty. I may just upgrade my 920 to 8.1 and not get a new Windows phone and use my upgrade to try out the Galaxy 5 Android phone. It does not look like there is anything coming out anytime soon on the Windows phone front that makes me want to replace my 920, except the Lumia 1520.3.
    04-07-2014 04:56 PM
    So Nokia will not honor the warranty for phones purchased from Newegg? Isn't Newegg located in the US, I assume they mean the phone was not marketed fro the U.S. If they will not honor the warranty, I am not getting the phone. I had never thought about the warranty. I may just upgrade my 920 to 8.1 and not get a new Windows phone and use my upgrade to try out the Galaxy 5 Android phone. It does not look like there is anything coming out anytime soon on the Windows phone front that makes me want to replace my 920, except the Lumia 1520.3.
    From mmy conversations with Nokia today they said you only get a 30 day warranty. Newegg does sell a one your extended warranty but its 70 dollars.
    04-07-2014 05:17 PM
    The 920 is still the best all around windows phone in my opinion, definitely just stick with it till something better comes along. I'm also guessing that they can't warranty the phone because there aren't any local Nokia service centers in the US (I think). Shipping is also more expensive, etc.
    dgr_874 likes this.
    04-07-2014 06:04 PM
    There is a repair center in Dallas for sure. I had mine sent there a few months ago.

Nokia said they won't warranty it because its not the region it was made for.
    04-07-2014 06:14 PM
    I guess I am getting an Android then

Edit:
    To be clear, Android for my upgrade. I plan on still having using my 920, I want to try out Android.
    Last edited by pvcleave; 04-08-2014 at 09:50 AM.
    04-07-2014 07:47 PM
    Well I decided I wanted a Lumia 1520 too bad so I ordered the AT&T 32GB version. However, I got them to give it to me for "free", because I now have to change my wireless charging accessories.

​I just could not give up the warranty.
    04-08-2014 05:19 PM
    same here, I ordered the 32 gb version today too.
    04-08-2014 08:07 PM