Suggest a case, stylus & stereo bluetooth earphones/headphones for Nokia Lumia 1520.

ketan2604

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Please suggest the following

1. Case. Should protect camera lens & should not hurt 1520's body while putting case on/off.

2. Stylus: I normally tend to take notes on my phone & therefore need a stylus. Also suggest an app for note-taking.

3. Stereo bluetooth earphones/headphones: I run and jog alot. suggest a comfortable pair for the same.

Thank You

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
1) any TPU case if you're putting it on and off really, they're all the same. I'd go for something with no hard plastic. Go to a store and check them out, they're probably all made in the same factory, just stamped with different brand.

2) since the screen isn't made for wacom stylus, and capacitive stylus will do, they're all doing more or less the same thing, I haven't noticed any difference between the cheapest Chinese ones and ones with a famous brand printed on them. Get one for 2$ off ebay, it should serve it's purpose. Make sure to turn the screen sensitivity on high.

3) I got Sony DR-BTN200 and I have no complaints. They claim that the battery lasts 40hrs of music play, which is understatement. I've had them since mid-february, and they're still on the first charge! Yes, really, I charged them once. I use them daily, sometimes more, sometimes less, but up to 3 hrs a day, sometimes not at all. I don't know how they would perform as jogging headphones, you can take a loot at Bluetooth<sup>®</sup> Wireless Sports Headset - Wireless Sony Store - Sony US they're supposed to be designed for sport. I don't know where you put that 1520 while jogging though. You can take a look at NWZ-W273S a waterproof mp3 player, so you don't have to carry the phone with you.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
1) Can't say, I don't use cases .
2) I just use any old pen with a metal head with my phone - one of the advantages of having the super sensitive touch technology (just make sure you don't use the ink tip!). Obviously that depends on how much force you use and whether you're worried about hairline scratches, alternatively as Jan Tomsic says, stylii are prety much the same.
3) I personally use Sony BTM-20 headphones which are excellent and have the advantage of not being 'over the head' or 'behind the neck', as well as letting you use them with any headphones you wish to use.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
The issue with 1520 is, the camera hump, makes the camera lens EXTREMELY vulnerable to damage, if that 1520 fales from that direction. A slight pressure can cause scratch. I am not sure if the lens is made up of Sapphire glass or Gorilla Glass 3.
Therefore, there should be a thick case, that should completely cover the camera lense, to protect it.

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Nilkin has a nice slim case that has a hump at the back around the camera lens.

I got the Sony MDR-1RBTMK2 for music and they are the best you can find around in my opinion. 30 hours of music listening is an understatement. I get more than that. Pairs well with my Surface Pro and Lumia 1020 too.

I don't use a stylus so, I can't comment on that.

Sent from my RM-875_apac_sea_220 using Tapatalk

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I use eCell for my accessories but they're for looks more than protection. For a stylus i would recommend Adonit... They got one for everything and support many apps. They're expensive but the Adonit mini Jot is the cheapest. For earphones I recommend Sanheiser ( sorry don't know proper spelling) German company amazing sound, I'm sure they do Bluetooth headsets. Hope it helps!

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The issue with 1520 is, the camera hump, makes the camera lens EXTREMELY vulnerable to damage, if that 1520 fales from that direction. A slight pressure can cause scratch. I am not sure if the lens is made up of Sapphire glass or Gorilla Glass 3.
Therefore, there should be a thick case, that should completely cover the camera lense, to protect it.

As much as I hate camera humps, I find it actually quite protective to the lens, as only the edge of the hump is actually in contact with whatever the phone is resting on as opposed to the whole lens being in contact, thus signirficantly reducing the chance of scratching.

A fall would have to be on a very, very small band of angles for the remainder of the casing (or the main screen glass) not to take the majority of the force. Unless you're planning to drop it onto a spike right where the lens is I'm confident the 1520 will be as reliable in a fall as anything else.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
As much as I hate camera humps, I find it actually quite protective to the lens, as only the edge of the hump is actually in contact with whatever the phone is resting on as opposed to the whole lens being in contact, thus signirficantly reducing the chance of scratching.

A fall would have to be on a very, very small band of angles for the remainder of the casing (or the main screen glass) not to take the majority of the force. Unless you're planning to drop it onto a spike right where the lens is I'm confident the 1520 will be as reliable in a fall as anything else.

I can only comment on the case part of your question. I only have the one below and it gives about 1.5mm protection to the camera plus when it is on a table you can type without the phone rocking. It feels very comfortable in the hand with a nice velvet feel and it gives it more grip as well.

Celicious Slender Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 - Black Slim Rubberised Back Cover | eBay

And on the phone

Attachments

• WP_20140327_10_04_23_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140327_10_04_23_Pro.jpg
    671.3 KB · Views: 7
  • WP_20140327_10_03_03_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140327_10_03_03_Pro.jpg
    647.7 KB · Views: 7

Nolan Wood

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Going with the Nokia flip case myself. Just as an aside - I can't fathom jogging with this beast of a phone in my pocket - that said I have found that Koss phones give the best bang for the buck - but Philips over-ears seem to work best for me when doing anything active with them...

teleri69

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I carry this wallet case that came with a styles the construction is kind of low quality but it works the styles can clip on to the flap and you can carry cash and id/ credit cards in it. (waiting for pay with isis to come out with a windows phone version of their app so I can pay with the nfc chip)
I have another flip case I got from the att store it is very good quality but the slots cant hold an ID card or credit card

Amazon.com: E LV Deluxe PU Leather Wallet / Purse Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 1520 Phablet with 1 Stylus (Nokia Lumia 1520, Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

I have used the bose Bluetooth headset for the last 3 years one of the best and most comfortable Bluetooth headset in my opinion and it is multipoint so I use it with my iphone also

Bose | Bose? Bluetooth? headset Series 2 | Bluetooth? headsets

I also have a Motorola Bluetooth s10-HD head set that I have had for years it is comfortable but sound quality stinks so I am thinking about upgrading to the beats headset

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Please suggest the following

1. Case. Should protect camera lens & should not hurt 1520's body while putting case on/off.

2. Stylus: I normally tend to take notes on my phone & therefore need a stylus. Also suggest an app for note-taking.

3. Stereo bluetooth earphones/headphones: I run and jog alot. suggest a comfortable pair for the same.

Thank You

Hi There, i'd have to go with this setup, for gym/fitness as well as every day use:

1. Amzer Pudding TPU Case
2. Not sure - don't use a stylus
3. Jaybird Bluebuds X - These are the BEST bluetooth earphones i've used to date. Expect sound quality of that of a $150 pair of earphones, they are rugged, and have about a 9 hour battery life which for me, means only a weekly charge. Daniel Rubino is a big fan also - a lot of people swear by these earphones and I'm one of them :)

Here's the video of Dan with the Jaybird boss:

Daniel Rubino LOVES Jaybird headphones... watch the video here (don't blame us if you end up buying a pair!) | Windows Phone Central

avinash573

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I am also looking for good bluetooth earphones for my 1520. I would love to get the Jaybird BluebudsX but they are really expensive. Can anyone suggest some good, cheaper alternatives?

​Thanks

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am also looking for good bluetooth earphones for my 1520. I would love to get the Jaybird BluebudsX but they are really expensive. Can anyone suggest some good, cheaper alternatives?

​Thanks

Go for a good one and save yourself the buyer's remorse after the fact. Don't repeat my mistake...

Sent from my RM-937_apac_sea_206 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro