Car dash mount for 1520?

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I got it and installed it today. It's exactly what I needed! Very sturdy!

Glad it all went well!

In response to the camera button question, there is a ridged cut out section in the right of the holder which allows the camera button to slide up and down freely, and a hole to allow use of the camera button - not sure why youd want to when driving though!

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
As long as the invisible shield is installed well and is smooth, and doesn't start to peel, you should be ok but I imagine its a tight fit!
Funny you should mention that! :)

I pulled my phone out of the holder this morning after my morning commute and I did notice that the InvisibleShield backing is slighly off-centered and, as a result, it did get snagged a bit by the holder. I'll probably just take it off since I carry the 1520 in a CP-623 case now (for easy insert/removal from the case and phone holder in the car. That backing is sticky in the Belkin folio case also. Win some, lose some, right? :D

This does not take away my appreciation for the functionality provided by the car phone holder. It's an amazingly well-crafted/planned solution. ProClipUSA has a new fan in me. :)

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Glad it all went well!

In response to the camera button question, there is a ridged cut out section in the right of the holder which allows the camera button to slide up and down freely, and a hole to allow use of the camera button - not sure why youd want to when driving though!

I'll chime in on this. Something else worth mentioning is that it also has a cut out for the power button as well. This is a big deal because soooo many mounts have an issue with pressing the power button on the Lumias because of the location compared to other phones. That problem does not exist with the proclip for the 1520.

I know it sounds silly, but that mount made my ride to work so much more enjoyable this morning :)

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'll chime in on this. Something else worth mentioning is that it also has a cut out for the power button as well. This is a big deal because soooo many mounts have an issue with pressing the power button on the Lumias because of the location compared to other phones. That problem does not exist with the proclip for the 1520.

I know it sounds silly, but that mount made my ride to work so much more enjoyable this morning :)

The Brodit Proclip holder I have doesn't reach as far as the power button on my 1520, unless I've missed something! :S

It really does make a difference having a phone mounted properly when driving as opposed to hanging off the windscreen, doesn't it!?

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
The Brodit Proclip holder I have doesn't reach as far as the power button on my 1520, unless I've missed something! :S

It really does make a difference having a phone mounted properly when driving as opposed to hanging off the windscreen, doesn't it!?

I guess cut out wasn't the right way to put it. Part of the holder extends past the power button kinda next to it. Its hard to explain but I can tell some consideration was made as to the location of the power button.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I guess cut out wasn't the right way to put it. Part of the holder extends past the power button kinda next to it. Its hard to explain but I can tell some consideration was made as to the location of the power button.

Oh, I see what you mean, will have to look closer next time! They are very well thought out products IMHO :) well worth it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon