Battery Time - How long can you get on the Nokia 1520?

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Do you want to increase battery time? Simple solution, do not look at battery level :)
Actually you cannot expect long time from modern smartphones if you want to use all power of it.

Bingo...using the phone uses power...which drains the battery.

Sure you can try for a record by not using your phone...but what's the point then? ;)

iammarkcorella

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm not really sure about this (and why) but mine doesn't last for more than a day. :( I have had my phone for almost a month now and am trying different settings but still, I feel like I need to charge everyday before I go to sleep! :p I had everything turned off when not in use (bluetooth, WiFi, NFC) and blocked all background tasks aside from Battery (app) and LockMix, but I still get the same results. I had battery saver turned ALWAYS on, so I wanna know the culprit of my battery drain (oops, I guess I just use it non-stop because I love my Lumia 1520)! :D But seriously, 8.1 should come soon, the battery fixes will be highly appreciated. :)

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not really sure about this (and why) but mine doesn't last for more than a day. :( I have had my phone for almost a month now and am trying different settings but still, I feel like I need to charge everyday before I go to sleep! :p I had everything turned off when not in use (bluetooth, WiFi, NFC) and blocked all background tasks aside from Battery (app) and LockMix, but I still get the same results. I had battery saver turned ALWAYS on, so I wanna know the culprit of my battery drain (oops, I guess I just use it non-stop because I love my Lumia 1520)! :D But seriously, 8.1 should come soon, the battery fixes will be highly appreciated. :)

What battery app are you using, most of them use a lot of battery and quite ironically the battery app with the highest amount of ratings uses the most battery I found from the 6 or so that I tested.

Also turn battery saver off.

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
What battery app are you using, most of them use a lot of battery and quite ironically the battery app with the highest amount of ratings uses the most battery I found from the 6 or so that I tested.

Also turn battery saver off.

I second this wit the apps. I used a few and wondered why my average time decreased, deleted the app and it went up.

iammarkcorella

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Really? Ugh! The app's name is simply just "Battery". Do you have any battery app suggestions that aren't battery-hog? I deleted all Bing apps and Viber as well, based on what I read from the other forums, I'm still trying to observe my phone though for any changes.

I turn battery saver on because I'm blinded by the capacitive button's lights whenever I watch a movie on a dark room, haha. Thanks for the tips! :D

iammarkcorella

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Cool! Thanks for the suggestion! Anyway, have you upgraded to 8.1? I guess I'll just pin "battery saver" and look at the percentage of the battery in the action center! :D Sweet! Still checking the performance on this new OS update though.

tessierp

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Soy_Corriendo, You clearly have an app that drains your battery. I had the same problem, after I found which app it was, the battery didn't go warm anymore.

My battery only lasts 8 hours on one charge and the battery gets warm.

pdelvo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I have it since last monday and I would consider myself a power user. I use wp 8.1 the battery performance went up since the last update :)
wp_ss_20140518_0001.png

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Around 18/20 hours straight before the last update (10% left). Less than 10 hours with the last update. However, i have dimmed screen to minimum and i am seeing good battery results again.
Usage is mostly reading news, some music, some tethering for laptop when i am out, text messages, IM+ Pro. Rare phone calls.
When i use games (Mostly Asphalt 8) things take a different turn. In less than 2 hours battery goes down although not completely discharged. I think i can play a good 4 hours, never tried.

EDIT: I have started trying to tweak things and, for some reason, when moved the screen brightness from mid to low + automatic i suddenly got to old 18/20 hrs performances (24 square yesterday). I can't explain the amount of hours gained with just one notch in the level of brightness.

Last edited:

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm amazed at how well the battery performance is on this beast! Especially since the latest update to WP 8.1. I'm a fairly heavy user and I get at least a full day and a half on my battery. I'm constantly checking Twitter, Fhotoroom, instagram, playing games, white background, multiple apps running in background, etc. My 920 did well on its battery life, but nothing compared to my 1520!

jacebeleren33

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My 1520 has really bad battery life... power consumption per hour is always around 4%. Do you know something about Facebook Messenger draining battery so quickly? I think that may be the case as I'm using it as my main chat because Whatsapp is nowhere to be found on the Store.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Usually I can get about 3 days if I don't play any games. I don't know what it is about MS Solitaire but it chews up battery like no tomorrow. Not sure why seeing as it's not exactly graphics intensive or anything.

Sometimes my phone goes into major battery drain mode for reasons I can't determine. On those days I won't get 1 whole day out of it. I have all background tasks turned off and I hardly ever use bluetooth or wifi.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes