Battery Time - How long can you get on the Nokia 1520?

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 1520 lasted more or less 2 days when I was on WP8.0. After the update it lessened, but now it's gradually getting better and better. First it was only about a day, then the next charge a day and a half, now it's back to 2 days. While I was asleep it only drained 3% for 7 hours. (I have some background tasks running and location is on). I'll probably get more from it as the days pass. Charging seems to be faster now too.

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Odd... My new 1520, running 8.1, went down to 10% after 7 hours. Moderate use, some browsing, Readit, and Metrotube.

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Two days for me, although I hate it not getting charged every night, but lately it has not been charging very well because the USB connected seems to have got hot and melted a little, causing it not to connect very well when I plug it in. Battery performance was bad for about a week after 8.1 then got better and the last update helped a little more. I am on my phone fairly heavily, though just internet browser and news and scores, not really any games.

Fahad Aziz Khan

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I can easily get 2 days with 3G enabled all day( 9am till 7pm) after reaching home its on WiFi.
so minimum is 1.5days easily while using whatsapp as daily communication mean to my family.

much impressed.

Only problem is , sometimes battery suddenly drops for no reason (yea, i knw background process , NFC off, sounds off, email is on Manual-except hotmail which is daily).

curiousclaude

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
HOW COME YOU GUYS HAVE THAT LONG OF A BATTERY LIFE??! i have a lumia 1520 as well, and the difference is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too big HELP ME PLS I WANT TO REACH THE BEST PERFORMANCE OF MY BATTERY AS WELL. :( i became really pissed off seeing that you guys have that long of a battery life and i'm sitting here not lasting for one dayyy. my phone's just two weeks old btw wp_ss_20140627_0001[1].png

*no lte usage, brightness set to low, no bluetooth, very moderate texting and social networks, normal music usage, screen time-out is set to minimum (30 seconds), nfc set to off, yet my battery is like that. :(( and i turn my phone off when i'm asleep. 2 week old phone, brand new when i bought it. hope you guys could really help me...

Last edited:

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
My record so far, and actually using the phone, is 2 days 10 hours. Very impressive!!!
That is with location on, Wi-Fi always on, 4G data on, syncing e-mails, a bit of FB, games etc. No problems at all....
Love the 1520. An awesome phone. Even better than my 920!!!!

ravi60

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I get around a healthy one day of battery time with games like modern combat 4 for hours, WiFi on, video streaming, music and other media stuff.very impressive loving my 1520

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
HOW COME YOU GUYS HAVE THAT LONG OF A BATTERY LIFE??! i have a lumia 1520 as well, and the difference is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too big HELP ME PLS I WANT TO REACH THE BEST PERFORMANCE OF MY BATTERY AS WELL. :( i became really pissed off seeing that you guys have that long of a battery life and i'm sitting here not lasting for one dayyy. my phone's just two weeks old btw View attachment 70365

*no lte usage, brightness set to low, no bluetooth, very moderate texting and social networks, normal music usage, screen time-out is set to minimum (30 seconds), nfc set to off, yet my battery is like that. :(( and i turn my phone off when i'm asleep. 2 week old phone, brand new when i bought it. hope you guys could really help me...

i will advice to get a replacement. even though batteries improves with time they generally shows the trend during initial usage. with the usage u mentioned the battery life ur getting is not upto the mark.
every models will have some "lemons" with faulty battery..seems like urs is one unfortunately. if its with in the replacement time try to get a replacement as quickly as possible

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Usually I can get about 3 days if I don't play any games. I don't know what it is about MS Solitaire but it chews up battery like no tomorrow. Not sure why seeing as it's not exactly graphics intensive or anything.

Sometimes my phone goes into major battery drain mode for reasons I can't determine. On those days I won't get 1 whole day out of it. I have all background tasks turned off and I hardly ever use bluetooth or wifi.

some games actually puzzle me. like tetris blitz really drains the battery..does it count among those heavy games? i dont think so.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
On 8.1, I get an estimate of about 2 days... and seeing as an average day leaves me at about 60%, that seems accurate.

A trick I've seen improve battery issues is to run every app on your phone to make sure it's been initialized... and assure none of your email accounts are set to retrieve mail based on usage (set it to two hours or as items arrive).

some games actually puzzle me. like tetris blitz really drains the battery..does it count among those heavy games? i dont think so.
What ya have to consider is that Gameloft SUCKS at software optimization. I have tons of games that have better graphics, more happening on screen and don't make my Surface Pro overheat, but Uno with Friends gets that fan as loud as it can possibly go.

The same applies to a lot of their Windows Phone games. For a WP based example: Compare the performance and battery drain between NOVA 3 and Mass Effect Infiltrator.

lyubomeer

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
With barely use my phone can last 4 days. Just today I put it on charging when it has 33% and time since last charging 3 days 7 hours.
Whoa, how do you even do that? Everything off? Minimum calls? Something like that? U must have had WP8 at that time. What about WP 8.1? Is it more battery hungry? Share the secret you use for such a battery life.
The longest I got my 1520 was about 2 days of life, that being using it extra minimum of time with a bit of cellular, calls, web browsing, music. But only using it about 30% of time. Never had a chance to test it with less usage.
Even with only WiFi on in the background and mostly not using my phone, it lasts about 24 hours, not more. Is that a good mark?

Last edited:

lyubomeer

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
On 8.1, I get an estimate of about 2 days... and seeing as an average day leaves me at about 60%, that seems accurate.

A trick I've seen improve battery issues is to run every app on your phone to make sure it's been initialized... and assure none of your email accounts are set to retrieve mail based on usage (set it to two hours or as items arrive).

What about the battery life. Take my example in comparison with your usage:

Yesterday, for example, I left home at 3pm with 100%. I came home back at around 10-30pm with 45%, meaning it ate 65% of my battery in around 7:30 hours.
All this time, ive been doing such things:
1) listening to music for about 80% of the time with screen off
2) about 4 hours surfing and messaging over the cellular 2g(still listening to music),
3) turned wifi only once to find any network, and turned it off immediately
4) spoke over the phone for about 35 minutes in total

I have my brightness set to auto, Location on, Bluetooth off, NFC off, cellular on all the time, not much apps with background usage, around 10 i would think, Main email set to update as Items arrive, secondary is set to hourly, and one more set to every 2 hours.

Please compare this to your battery drain approximately, and tell me how different it is. I really would appreciate it. I just don't know whether it is just me who is always unsatisfied with what I got, or it is actually some faulty battery unit. Thanks in advance.

rpac78

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Wow, I never ever had my 1520 tell me I had more than a day or so of time remaining but that's with it just sitting there with me not doing anything to it. I have location on, bluetooth on, NFC off, brightness auto, screen off 1 minute, Cortana pinned to the start screen, and my emails get retrieved like every 2 hours or so.

But on any given day I usually get 18-20 hours worth of use out of it which does include some heavy usage:
- surfing the next for maybe a total of 2 hours
- playing words with friends (this one is 2nd to IE on sucking battery)
- reading news on weaver (3rd highest usage of battery)
- looking through facebook
- checking email every hour or so

By lunch time I usually have 50-60% remaining and by the time I sleep it's usually down to 20%. I don't mind charging every night though, I had to do it with my iPhone before as well.

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I get 2 days with normal use. I leave my wifi on all day, use facebook and internet every few hours and I usually listen to music via bluetooth. I play games once in a while for about an hour or so. I text a lot and call my girlfriend she sleeps and when she wakes up. I also watch anime when I'm travelling.

We experienced a power outage for a few days recently, and my phone lasted more than 3 days with minimal use - no wifi, used headset instead of bluetooth. It might have lasted longer if I switched to airplane mode when I was asleep.

raydwatts

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Ended up doing a full restore yesterday and despite putting about 20 of my old apps back on I was still shocked to see battery life of over 7 days!!

wp_ss_20140730_0001.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss