Positives about the 1520?

mayconvert

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking of buying my first real WP8 the 1520 after trying out the Nokia 520 starter phone.
Over all, I like the OS even if it is missing a few apps that I want.

I see LOADS of threads here with issue, issue, issue which is making me apprehensive about even giving the phone a shot.
Is there anyone with a Nokia 1520 that honestly doesn't have any issues? i.e a phone that works 99.99% like it should.

I know people tend to post issues 1000x faster and more often that those who have a good phone, but with all the posts on this site, seems like the Nokia 1520 seem like a buggy pile of poo.

Anyone? is this phone junk and be avoided until a new device comes out?
From what I saw, Nokia didn't announce ANYthing for AT&T for the foreseeable future. :straight:

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you should be worried, the only issue I've consistently heard about is the screen sensitivity, and I'm not sure how serious that is. The phone itself is really beautiful and it seems like the members of this site love it, because I hear nothing but high praise towards it. Honestly I would go for it, as you said a lot more people complain than they compliment things, and for the most part if you look you'll find more complaint oriented threads on this forum.

I don't think that's a bad thing, a lot of them may just be user errors, as like I said the only issue I've really heard of is the screen sensitivity issue.

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Try check some forums of any released phones ,they will all appear like a buggy pile of poo.thing is people use forums to ask solutions mainly thats all.
If u like wp8 and want a complete package get it,no doubt.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's really normal for one to see forums loaded with issues because most users who have problems would search and see if it has been solved or if others have experienced something similar. Rarely do people jump into forums to say, Hey it's day xxx on my phone and I still have no problems. Given that, in my opinion it shouldn't hamper one to pick whatever one likes. The issues are good reference for buyers though so they can watch out for it when they purchase their units. I myself had an issue with the first one I bought but after being replaced, it has been all uphill since. I use it daily. I really can't complain with what I have right now.

Wilguens Joachin

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking of buying my first real WP8 the 1520 after trying out the Nokia 520 starter phone.

I see LOADS of threads here with issue, issue, issue which is making me apprehensive about even giving the phone a shot.
Is there anyone with a Nokia 1520 that honestly doesn't have any issues? i.e a phone that works 99.99% like it should.

I know people tend to post issues 1000x faster and more often that those who have a good phone, but with all the posts on this site, seems like the Nokia 1520 seem like a buggy pile of poo.

From what I saw, Nokia didn't announce ANYthing for AT&T for the foreseeable future. :straight:

YO, trust me. You gonna want this phone! I've had it the day it came out, my first windows phone and I really dig it. It's big, really biig but I have big hands. screen is gorgeous. Yes there was a issue with the screen but it doesn't happen for me anyrnore at least. WP 8.1 is going to look badass on the 1520 . The parallax background is gonna look good on that big screen. Its snappy, camera is AWESOME! Get ittt!!!!! you won't regret it

oldmanjenkins

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully getting one tomorrow. Had a windows phone when they first came out. Can't wait to see the improvements. Can't wait for the OS update "this summer" (whenever that is). Is 6" too big? I will find out tomorrow. Now to find a case.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I have one and it has issues with interpreting swipes as taps. Even though that is slightly annoying, I still love this thing. The camera, battery life, screen...all amazing. Buy.

NawfSideWillyB

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Might I suggest the Incipio NGP Case or the Amzer Pudding Case for light sleek cases. There are also many wallet style cases and heavier duty cases with kickstands. Sadly, no otterboxes.
Pull the trigger on that 1520 if you're cool with the size, best WP experience to date imo.

hyperthermia

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
The vest phone i ever had. The screen issue happens very rare to me but other than that its perfect. I initially thought its too big for me, now i cant live a day without it anymore.

mayconvert

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a Note 3/LG G2 and had LG optimus G pro at 5.5" and like the size just fine.
I really want this phone and 8.1 will make it even better. I played with one at AT&T too. The phone is beautiful.

NawfSideWillyB

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, don't let this giant phone intimidate you at first, hold it for a few minutes before passing judgment. Be sure to try putting it in your pocket, if your average sized pants can't hold it then it may be a no-go. It's really only an issue for tight pants peoples. If you are ok with the size after playing with it for a bit and can see yourself carrying it on your person everyday, then get it for a great WP experience. WP8.1 is coming next week also for preview. BIG UPDATE.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Try check some forums of any released phones ,they will all appear like a buggy pile of poo.thing is people use forums to ask solutions mainly thats all.
If u like wp8 and want a complete package get it,no doubt.

I will go out on a limb here and say that not all the people that have posted with problems even have the phone. You will see it on all forums and not just Nokia owners sites. It is in the interest of other manufactures that others phone producers are seen to have major problems.

I'm not saying that I haven't had a problem with my 1520 but it is very rare that I get the swipe/touch problem and it is only prominent on two apps. It in no way detracts from using the phone and when compared to my problems with my android phones not registering touches it is by far less bothersome.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My screen is a little sensitive, but not a problem. Love the phone, I also have a 520, I cannot ever, in my life, see myself going back to it except as an emergency. In real life Size does matter!! LoL

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Of course, the persons who post here are the ones who got buggy phones; it is only a small percentage of who use 1520. Those who have no problems with their phones don't care or don't even know Tapatalk.

PS. Well, mine's great and I got to solve my problems which other people ignored or refused to follow. :p

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I had been an Android user for a long time and I just switched from Samsung Galaxy Note II to my first WP Nokia Lumia 1520 and I'm glad I made the switch! No problem so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium