Positives about the 1520?

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have just gotten mine and one thing I have noticed about it, It connects to LTE better than other phones I have had. Where I work they have AT&T and Verizon repeaters in the building. These repeaters are not LTE, so when you are in the building you do not get LTE, you get very slow 3G speeds. I have noticed my phone now connects to the LTE and I get LTE speeds. I don't know if this is the chipset, improved radio or what, but it was a nice surprise.

anon(8730639)

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Whether or not you should get the 1520 depends on whether you like the size or not. I have big hands so I can operate it easily, but it's somewhat difficult to fit in a few of my pants. If you have small hands or like to wear skinny jeans, then don't get it. If you don't have tiny hands and you don't have too many skinny jeans, then it's a great phone, with all the Nokia Apps, a fantastic screen, micro SD, a great camera, a top of the line processor, and that it runs Windows Phone better than any other phone out there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Meredith43

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
My 1520 is by far the best phone I have owned. It did take me a couple days to get used to the size compared to my little 920, but now I won't go back. If you don't wear Jeggings, it will fit in your pockets.

One word of caution--be aware that you MAY need a more protective case for this big guy. I am a minimalist case person, and I was using a well-textured Feather-like case on my 1520. I dropped it, broke the glass, paid $200 to Palco to fix it, and bought myself one of these. It's a large phone, more prone to drops for me, but SO worth it!!!

mayconvert

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
The very occasional swipe acts like a tap is there. but, it is Very minor. Not an issue so. only happened a few times out of 100 swipes.

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I got my wife the 1520 and she loves it. I love it too and i'm thinking of upgrading to the 1520 myself. It is beautiful and there have been zero issues with it. I'm sure you will not regret the purchase.

mayconvert

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
That is why I got one. after playing with the wifes 1520 for a min. I thought it was nice. With the 14 day return policy, I can return it if I don't like it.
I honestly can only find two beefs with the phone, no G+ / google services (legit, not some "does the same thing" app) and Not having my Starbucks app.
But, I still have my G2, I may just have to carry two phones.
Other than that, the 1520 is awesome. Really enjoying it so far.

PS: that pic above is not me rofl. someone posted it on android central and I found it hilarious. I saved it for just such an occasion :grin:

Paul May

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
That is why I got one. after playing with the wifes 1520 for a min. I thought it was nice. With the 14 day return policy, I can return it if I don't like it.
I honestly can only find two beefs with the phone, no G+ / google services (legit, not some "does the same thing" app) and Not having my Starbucks app.
But, I still have my G2, I may just have to carry two phones.
Other than that, the 1520 is awesome. Really enjoying it so far.

PS: that pic above is not me rofl. someone posted it on android central and I found it hilarious. I saved it for just such an occasion :grin:

Hopefully the Google services problem will be next on the list to be fixed. I know MS is willing to make legit apps but Google is being hard to deal with when it comes to supporting their services on WP. Also there are threads on this site where people can get together and request apps to try and get companies to make them, such as starbucks.

ASHAB HAMEED

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Ok let me give my 2 cents... In my country we have to buy the phone outright by paying full amount (700$) in my case. So far I am more than happy and impressed with my white 1520. There have been no issues at all plus if i compare it to my brother's note3 i find it even better because of its build and quality and awesome screen. As far as i am concerned i never really encountered any touch sensitivity problem. So don't believe the negatives people post about this phone and go for it you won't regret it i assure you.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I just upgraded from the 920 to the 1520 a couple of days ago also since there are no announced phones for AT&T. The size bothered me a little at first because it is a little wide to hold with one hand for me but I'm getting used to it now. The screen is awesome and I haven't had screen issues or touch issues that others have reported. The camera is great as well, and the phone is very fast and battery life is great; I still had 80% charge at the end of the day yesterday. If it was just a little bit smaller (somewhere in between 5 and 5.5 inches) and the AT&T version had built-in wireless charging, whether PMA or Qi, it would be absolutely perfect but I didn't want to wait any longer with no new announced phones and I didn't want to switch to Verizon to get the Icon so 1520 it is, at least for a year.

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
. . . If you don't have tiny hands and you don't have too many skinny jeans, then it's a great phone . . .

I have small hands, and recommend the 1520 because it's a great phone. The size is impressive, to say the least, but small-handed folks shouldn't be worried.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Mr.Willie

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully the Google services problem will be next on the list to be fixed. I know MS is willing to make legit apps but Google is being hard to deal with when it comes to supporting their services on WP. Also there are threads on this site where people can get together and request apps to try and get companies to make them, such as starbucks.

Isn't one of the main purposes of selecting a Win phone is to get away from Google services ?

Paul May

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Isn't one of the main purposes of selecting a Win phone is to get away from Google services ?

Not for everyone. And if you want to convert someone to WP who is heavily invested in google services you are going to need to offer those services on WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05