**WORK-AROUND-SOLUTION** After playing with my new Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (RM-938) model for hours, I've discovered that the conflict with the delayed screen response, the over sensitive screen response & unattempt of screen executed actions are due to a conflict between Microsoft's Keys Vibration with Nokia's Glance & Nokia Super Sensitive Touch. 1.Go to settings - glance: Select (Interval) glance screen. 2.Go to settings - touch: Select (Normal) sensitivity & (turn off)Windows Phone Keys Vibrate. This should help minimize these issues drastically! Also, settings - brightness (set to Medium) & settings - display (turn off both Sunlight readability & Battery Saver brightness) too!
    Last edited by freddywayne; 04-13-2014 at 11:32 AM. Reason: I missed a few steps in my instructions
    oditius, Guytronic and Faustous like this.
    04-13-2014 11:10 AM
    Great tip!

Should be very helpful for the 1520 users.
    Thanks so much for posting this.
    04-13-2014 03:45 PM
    **WORK-AROUND-SOLUTION** After playing with my new Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (RM-938) model for hours, I've discovered that the conflict with the delayed screen response, the over sensitive screen response & unattempt of screen executed actions are due to a conflict between Microsoft's Keys Vibration with Nokia's Glance & Nokia Super Sensitive Touch. 1.Go to settings - glance: Select (Interval) glance screen. 2.Go to settings - touch: Select (Normal) sensitivity & (turn off)Windows Phone Keys Vibrate. This should help minimize these issues drastically! Also, settings - brightness (set to Medium) & settings - display (turn off both Sunlight readability & Battery Saver brightness) too!
    EDIT: Ugh this forum is impossible to post to from the browser on my Lumia 920. Returning to my PC to ask you what store you bought your RM-938 from? I was hoping these issues had been fixed by the time this variant was released.
    Last edited by hasasimo; 04-14-2014 at 09:29 AM.
    04-13-2014 04:14 PM
    Typically, the screen sensitivity issue disappears temporarily when settings like these are altered, or when the phone is rebooted. The issue usually comes back within a couple of hours.

It would of course be great if this is a real workaround, but it has to be tested for at least a couple of days before any conclusions can be drawn.
    04-14-2014 03:34 AM
    It would of course be great if this is a real workaround, but it has to be tested for at least a couple of days before any conclusions can be drawn.
    So far it is working for me, but I didn't find it a real problem anyway. But if it comes back, I will drop a note.
    04-14-2014 05:03 AM
    Typically, the screen sensitivity issue disappears temporarily when settings like these are altered, or when the phone is rebooted. The issue usually comes back within a couple of hours.

It's just like cancer. it deserve new name "Hyper-Screetivity Cancer".

Will try the tips and report back. :) Thanks!
    04-14-2014 08:35 AM
    An update on this. I have just installed WP8.1 and the issue is still there:(. I just had two phantom zooms while browsing. I think it's hardware issue.
    04-14-2014 09:19 AM
    An update on this. I have just installed WP8.1 and the issue is still there:(. I just had two phantom zooms while browsing. I think it's hardware issue.
    Dissapointing - Was hoping Win8.1 would fix the issue.
    04-14-2014 09:45 AM
    installed wp8.1 and it got worse for me, hardreset here i come :S
    04-14-2014 10:13 AM
    Dissapointing - Was hoping Win8.1 would fix the issue.
    Considering the issue is related to hardware or firmware there's no way the 8.1 update would fix it. I'm still hoping for a firmware update from Nokia.
    linking1990 likes this.
    04-14-2014 11:06 AM
    After upgrading to WP8.1 I got false scroll as tap issue everywhere :( Do not want to hard reset phone though
    04-14-2014 11:15 AM
    I just can't believe that Nokia wouldn't have fixed this by now if it was a firmware issue. I'm starting to believe the ones that say it's hardware. Was on the verge of upgrading my 920 to a 1520 but I think it would be stupid of me not to hold off for either another flagship down the road (but not the 930, don't like it) or a fix to this issue.
    04-14-2014 02:36 PM
    After upgrading to WP8.1 I got false scroll as tap issue everywhere :( Do not want to hard reset phone though
    My Lumia 1520 (RM-937 European) feels better after upgrading to WP8.1 ... I think that oversensitivity is gone now (in my case) ...
    04-14-2014 03:24 PM
    Hi, I am experiencing a similar problem with my 1520. The touch keys at times do not operate when the vibration is off; when it's on, the keys seem to be out of calibration. For example, if I were to press the home key, the Search Key function appears. Other times, the Back Key would operate on its own and the multitask function appears and the only way to rid of it is pressing the Off button to turn off the display then again to turn it on and continue: this could happen several times within a minute or not at all for a few minutes. In addition to this nuisance, the keyboard does not always work so I have to rotate the phone in several ways to do what I intend. What are your thoughts on the issue and recommendations if any?
    12-03-2014 12:41 PM
    installed wp8.1 and it got worse for me, hard reset here i come :S
    When doing huge o/s updates I have been doing a back up and wipe after upgrade makes the system run smoother! Some of the dev previews updates are equally same! Also restoring doesn't take long about an you on WiFi (alot of apps and messages)
    12-04-2014 05:34 AM
    Hi, I am experiencing a similar problem with my 1520. The touch keys at times do not operate when the vibration is off; when it's on, the keys seem to be out of calibration. For example, if I were to press the home key, the Search Key function appears. Other times, the Back Key would operate on its own and the multitask function appears and the only way to rid of it is pressing the Off button to turn off the display then again to turn it on and continue: this could happen several times within a minute or not at all for a few minutes. In addition to this nuisance, the keyboard does not always work so I have to rotate the phone in several ways to do what I intend. What are your thoughts on the issue and recommendations if any?
    Sounds like digitizer is faulty!
    12-04-2014 05:36 AM
    I will say I don't have double tap issue since the backlight went on my back button, perfectly works fine! If you twist the phone to get light working I get erratic taps, back button presses the lot! Which suggests to me its placement buttons to digitizer etc. I would say hardware problem!
    12-04-2014 05:41 AM