Wifi Connection issue on 1520?

tofurice

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
This wifi connectivity issue has been seriously bothering me. I find that even if I am in the next room to my wifi router (802.11n) at home, the phone would not be able to connect (it seems to be able to detect the wifi signal though). So basically I can only access wifi when I am in the same room where the router is! Does anyone know how to fix this problem? many thanks.

BTW, thought I should mention that once I move closer to the router and get the phone connected, when wifi stays on even if I move away to the other rooms and I can access the internet without any issue at all!

Last edited:

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Weak wifi signal on 1520?

I'm not much help, but I would return the phone. I get connected to my router as soon as I enter the driveway. (801.11n)

Arne Burghouts

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Since i installed the Windowsphone 8.1 dev update on my Lumia 920. I also have issues with the Wifi. It still work, but the signal is weak..

A bit annoying indeed..

tofurice

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Since i installed the Windowsphone 8.1 dev update on my Lumia 920. I also have issues with the Wifi. It still work, but the signal is weak..

A bit annoying indeed..

Lol I'm totally the opposite. Since I updated my phone to wp8.1 the wifi issue is gone. I'd suggest that you factory reset your phone to see if that helps as it didn't not appear to be a hardware issue to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss