Data Sense has returned on unlocked ATT 1520

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I installed 8.1 this morning on my ATT branded 1520. I got it unlocked a few months ago, back on t-mobile, and much to my surprise, data sense appeared today after the update.

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Near as I can tell it's there now on all ATT Lumia's with DP installed (920 1020 1520). It doesn't mean that ATT will ultimately include it there carrier specific build but we can all hope.

teleri69

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Works on my 1520 and seems like a really nice app hopefully Microsoft could make it available from the app store if att pulls it from there carrier build.

anyone know why AT&T pulled it from win 8? there smart limit text / web page is free for the moment. Im guessing to many people ether did not reset it with there correct data cycle due date and they got to many calls asking why they are getting overage charges

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Works on my 1520 and seems like a really nice app hopefully Microsoft could make it available from the app store if att pulls it from there carrier build.

anyone know why AT&T pulled it from win 8? there smart limit text / web page is free for the moment. Im guessing to many people ether did not reset it with there correct data cycle due date and they got to many calls asking why they are getting overage charges

ATT has maintained it was a compatibility issue with their network but I've always believed that was BS. I've had two unlocked 822's and a 920 on ATT with Data Sense installed (It's not hard to do if the Phone is unlocked, just switch SIMs temporarily with a carrier that allowed the Data Sense app, download it, then put the ATT SIM back in) and it worked just fine on all of them.

I wish I could remember where I read it but there was mention a while back that ATT said they would support the app at some point in the future. Hopefully the future will be when 8.1 rolls out as a final release.

Last edited:

grc7777

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
i dunno what data sense is but today I got 71.65 Mbps DL n 9.80 UL....first time i checked yesterday, I got only 10 Mbps DL

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Google At&t data scam, that should answer your question as to why att removes it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss