Whatsapp in lumia 1520

Dennis LOH

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,
I have two questions pertaining to whatsapp installed in Lumia 1520. We all know that the1520 support external SD memory card.
As such you can select to save photos / videos taken into the SD card.
1/ Are images / videos received via whatsapp saved into the 1520's internal memory or external SD card?
2/ If it's saved into the internal memory card can you move / copy these images / videos into the SD card?
Thank you & looking forward to all your comments.
Cheers mate!

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
In the phone storage section in the settings change save new pics and videos to SD card. That will do it I think.
Copying from internal memory often results in duplication so its better not to do that

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
It depends on where you set the photos and videos to be saved. It'll honor that setting.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_sea_206 using Tapatalk

Dennis LOH

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. My main OS are Android & Window. iOS is good for tablet like iPad but not for iPhone. BB10 is the worse of the lot. Since Android upgrading to Kitkat 4.0 & upwards Google has restricted the copy / move files from internal to external SD card memory. It does defeat the purpose of having an external memory. I have got an Sammy S5 & it cannot be done. Older Jelly Bean's 4.3 version you can still do it but how long can one keep using 4.3 version as newer Android phones are all preinstalled with Kitkat 4.4.2. Yes, I can root the phone to overcome this issue but I'm not willing to as it will void my warranty & also other unknown problems that may come with rooted phones. BB10 you can but is such a terrible OS to get accustom to & not forgetting the rather inadequate App Store. This leaves me with onlynthe Window OS & only certain Lumia phones have external memory like the 1520. The only sore point about the 1520 is a phablet & not a mobile phone. The 930 has only internal memory & I don't really care although is somewhat easier to handle on a daily basis. I have a 1020 which has an internal memory. I bought this phone is because of the camera which is still the best in town at the moment. So do I have to get the "pocket file manager" app to see my files in the SD card? Once again thanks for your reply. Cheers mate!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa