Completely dead - windows icon flashing while charging

sdanaher

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Any ideas... it is plugged in and charging and completely dead. just keeps fashing, tried to hold down volume and power .. vibrates then nothing

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Let it charge for a little bit, it is completely dead. Mine has done this before. It just needs a little juice to be able to power back up

MagusShadow

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Confirming what others are saying, it's simply so drained of battery it needs more time to charge before it can turn on. I suspect this is to prevent the possibility of the phone dying mid boot up, which sometimes screws things up.

sdanaher

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
This was the case - and actually was just an indicator of a bad charging port - I plugged it into another port in the hotel wall and within 5 minutes we were up and running with 2-3% battery and climbing.

niraj0022

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
same here guys,
windows icon flashes when the phone is plugged in for charging it doesnt turn on......... nor u can do the resetting thing .....
nothing works here ....... its freakin me out now ............. help any one :(

rbarsa

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I have experienced the same issue this weekend. Phone has completely died and when connected on power, only windows logo was blinking.
Even 8 hours of charging did not fixed the issue and when performed soft reset by pressing power + volume down, phone vibrates, but situation remains the same. I was desperate.
Then I tried to remove SIM card and plug the charging. Suddenly phone starts charging and after some time, phone wakes up to normal.
Hope i helps to you

mikek82

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi there i have come across this problem with my lumia 1520.
Totally dead wont charge icon just flashes
I had it plugged into laptop for around 3 or 4 hour and nothing
I then plugged the usb wire into the plug head and had it charging all night and nothing!
It is not the original charger wire though or plug but it fits and the windows icon just flashes
I have tried soft reset and nothing not even a vibration
I have tried holding all buttons in and nothing

Any ideas??

Cheers

Last edited:

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Maybe try a different cable? I have one cable that will allow communication with the computer, but won't charge the phone at all.

missylob

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
My battery has gone from shutting off at 30% to shutting off at 80% to not charging past 50% now. Im assuming need a new battery, in US where can I order one from that will come with tools needed & not cost me arm & leg? Amazon & eBay were no help.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
My battery has gone from shutting off at 30% to shutting off at 80% to not charging past 50% now. Im assuming need a new battery, in US where can I order one from that will come with tools needed & not cost me arm & leg? Amazon & eBay were no help.

I know that etradesupply has them. Not sure who else. You will need a Torx T2 screwdriver (to remove the screw that lets you take the back off), a guitar pick or similar (to remove the case), a blowdryer (to loosen the adhesive between the battery and the back of the phone), and a few credit cards or similar to slide between the battery and the back as the adhesive loosens.

When I do this, I am usually trying to preserve the battery for future use, and it can take an hour almost just to get the battery out. I suppose if I wasn't concerned with trashing the battery, I could probably do it in about 15 or 20 minutes.

missylob

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I know that etradesupply has them. Not sure who else. You will need a Torx T2 screwdriver (to remove the screw that lets you take the back off), a guitar pick or similar (to remove the case), a blowdryer (to loosen the adhesive between the battery and the back of the phone), and a few credit cards or similar to slide between the battery and the back as the adhesive loosens.

When I do this, I am usually trying to preserve the battery for future use, and it can take an hour almost just to get the battery out. I suppose if I wasn't concerned with trashing the battery, I could probably do it in about 15 or 20 minutes.

Thank you so much for ur help!! I'm gonna check out etradesupply now as all day my phones been on charger & still only at 14%. I'm eligible for an upgrade but i really like this phone & would like to save upgrade for next wave of phones that comes out. Thanks again!

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much for ur help!! I'm gonna check out etradesupply now as all day my phones been on charger & still only at 14%. I'm eligible for an upgrade but i really like this phone & would like to save upgrade for next wave of phones that comes out. Thanks again!

If you have any questions re:install, feel free to ask. I just changed a screen today on a 1520, so it's fresh.

missylob

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
If you have any questions re:install, feel free to ask. I just changed a screen today on a 1520, so it's fresh.
I found new battery on "repairs universe" that with all the tools you said I would need & express shipping that'll have it here today was cheaper than could get just battery on etrade supply so if you'd work for etrade supply sorry😉 otherwise maybe you'd like to check out repairs universe for your replacement parts. I just need to borrow a hairdryer, one of the few girls that dont own one. Do I use high heat to remove adhesive? Maybe the 1000s of times my phones hit the ground will hv loosened it up....😉

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Short bursts of heat. You don't want to damage any components inside the phone. The one I just did, actually, I was able to use minimal heat, and slide a couple of credit cards under the battery to get it out. The less hear the better. If you are not saving the old battery, you don't have to be as gentle with it. I was saving it for reuse.

So, you might want to try sliding a credit card or two under it, as opposed to heating it up.

missylob

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I was thinking that too much heat could melt stuff inside so I'll try it without first. My phones just bout 2 yrs old so maybe wont be quite as sticky as could be? Thankfully I dont have any credit cards anymore but got enough other crap round here im sure ill find something that'll work. Mailman should be here soon with it but ill let u know how it goes, im pretty used to fixing stuff just never dinked with a phone before so I sure appreciate all ur help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3