How do you carry your Nokia Lumia 1520?

Maccabeus

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Just got a 1520 this past weekend. Carrying it in front pants pocket. works fine in docker style pants (although, the cut of the pocket makes it ride differently depending on the pair of pants. In some it angles a bit when I stand up with one corner poking out a bit and needs to be readjusted to ride straight up and down. Not sure if a wear spot will develop in those pants).
Haven't tried it with my jeans yet, but assume it won't fit and I'll carry it in hand.

I had bought a L830 last fall after (as another poster mentioned) making mock-ups of each model from empty chocolate bar boxes. Walked around for a few days with each in the front pocket. The 830 felt much less bulky and roomier than the 1520, so I bought the 830. Since then, I've noticed I almost always pull the 830 out of my pocket anytime I sit down (car, office, home) and the 1520 feels fine standing or walking, so I picked up one off ebay to have more screen, more storage, and better resolution on camera pictures.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
It usualy sits in book-case with my credit cards and cash. Yes it's bulky and vay bigger then i would like it..but concider protection i don't mind couple of cm on top. When on work it is in bag or desk, when home it's allways on desk. I'm scared for every smartphone and terified for this one. I allways use case, when i don't use book case i use hard one. Two hands when puting in pocket and he fits perfectly in jeans and jacket.

scionluna

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Dan Rubino did an article about living with the Lumia 1520. I would read it.
As for your questions,
1. I carry it in my front jeans pocket without case, back pocket with case.
2. If you are going to be walking and standing, carrying in the front pocket is not too terrible. But trying to sit or crouch, it can be a nuisance.
3. That is up to you. Dan Rubino puts it aptly, "when using it, it's great. When not, it can be slight inconvenience to carry". Ultimately you should try to see one in person to try it out before buying.

Bryon Burns

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
In the last few weeks, I ruined the screen (phantom touches constantly) of my second 1520 carrying it in my pants, even with case. So far the third 1520 has been good with the incipio wireless charging case and in a Nite Ize XL belt holster. The first one had the screen scratched with my chapstick in the same pocket. I've had bad luck with this phone, but it's so much fun to own.

Diego Ceccacci

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
That's strange, I mean why THIS phone flexes and no other nokia does?
I usually bring it in the pocket only when I'm walking (or i'm just stand) and i don't feel like it is "bending".

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So I broke down and ditchd my Amzer hybrid case for a Moon Monkey flip case. Just got it today. It seems pretty nice so far. It will take some getting used to since I've never used a flip case before. It feels good in the hand, especially for what I assume is faux leather. And flipping it to use as a stand has worked well so far. I guess we'll see if it withstands the test of time.

Big Papa Smurf

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I highly recommend the Simple.be holster: http://www.simple.be/answer/400

I have one for myself and posted a review for it on my blog: https://flipmack.wordpress.com/2015/01/18/02-review-simple-be-answer-400-holster/

I posted this several months ago but nobody took notice, I guess.

Nowadays, I have to carry a work phone and my 1520 at the same time - so I got the Incipio NGP case for the 1520 and my work Galaxy S5 (in its case) both fit in the holster just fine. Any questions, feel free to PM me.

The simple.be, did you order it as the Nokia with otter box? Which size did you get. I may want to try one out for my 1520. Don't wanna get one too small though

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos