04-30-2014 06:14 AM
61 123
tools
    I finally got the 32GB Sandisk Ultra yesterday. I played around a little bit. the result is the following:

1. VIDEO AT MAX CAPABILITy (HD/30FPS) did NOT have any problem. No sounds or video stutter. So, PROBLEM FREEEEEEE
    2. I dont know what happened, but after I moved all my apps to the SD card, some of them would not open. For example, Battery Performance, 2048 games, Badaboom, Bible, Filebox, Groupon, etc.
    3. I did not notice any difference in loading time after moving the apps to SD.
    4. Overheating when I play games installed in SD card.

overall I am happy. for those apps that giving me error, I am going to reinstall them.
    Last edited by Ichigo; 04-23-2014 at 02:31 PM. Reason: adding more point
    04-23-2014 08:47 AM
    Just a heads up everybody.

Do NOT buy this card.

Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB MicroSDXC UHS-I Memory Card Speed Up To 80MB/s With Adapter, Frustration-Free Packaging- SDSDQX-064G-AFFP-A: Computers & Accessories

I paid 90 buck for this POS and I've only had it 2 days. I'm already getting restarts on my phone, video stutters horribly during recording and plays back even worse. I don't know if its a defective card or what.

I'm thinking about doing a full factory reset on my phone. Not really thrilled about the idea of that, but at this point, the phone/camera is pretty much useless. I have a big event coming up on May 1st, which is the main reason I purchased this card. I wanted to have big storage for photos and videos. If this reset doesnt fix the problem, I will contact Sandisk about a replacement. Sooooo disappointed right now!

EDIT: Well, now this is weird. As soon as I got done ranting above, I went back to the phone, recorded another video and what do you know, its working fine.

Does anyone know a better brand than Sandisk?
    04-27-2014 12:07 PM
    Thanks for reporting that.. Mine is so far so good. No stutter whatsoever..
    04-27-2014 12:40 PM
    Sandisk 32gb class 10
    04-28-2014 12:28 AM

Do NOT buy this card.

Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB MicroSDXC UHS-I Memory Card Speed Up To 80MB/s With Adapter, Frustration-Free Packaging- SDSDQX-064G-AFFP-A: Computers & Accessories

I paid 90 buck for this POS and I've only had it 2 days. I'm already getting restarts on my phone, video stutters horribly during recording and plays back even worse. I don't know if its a defective card or what.

I'm thinking about doing a full factory reset on my phone. Not really thrilled about the idea of that, but at this point, the phone/camera is pretty much useless. I have a big event coming up on May 1st, which is the main reason I purchased this card. I wanted to have big storage for photos and videos. If this reset doesnt fix the problem, I will contact Sandisk about a replacement. Sooooo disappointed right now!

EDIT: Well, now this is weird. As soon as I got done ranting above, I went back to the phone, recorded another video and what do you know, its working fine.

I don't ever buy anything like this with "frustration-free packaging." That's an invitation to buying a counterfeit item.
    04-28-2014 02:27 AM
    I purchased just yesterday SanDisk MicroSD Card 64 GB Class 10 Ultra

SanDisk MicroSD Card 64 GB Class 10 Ultra - SanDisk: Flipkart.com

Installed all my apps/games on the SD card. the apps load quickly and there is no lag. Everything seems to be working fine at the moment
    04-28-2014 04:22 AM
    Anyone from the UK know of any decent SD bargains going on?
    04-28-2014 04:59 AM
    Hi guys,

I have spent hours reading forum but I have a hard time to see if there were a post clearly stated "I bought this one and it's proven working correctly". Could anyone here help me out selecting a perfectly working SD Card for my lumia 1520? I heard some major brands stutters while taking video. About size, I know it is a personal preference. If you could help me out on:
    1. Brand
    2. Size
    3. Class/Type
    4. LINK (Will be greatly appreciated), amazon is preferred. unless there is sale going on.

This is the first time I feel the need of storage in a long time. I changed phones once every two months (max). I feel like this one is a keeper. Loves this badboy.

Thanks in advance.
    I use Transcend 32GB (I think it good enough because my L1520 had 32GB internal) Extreme 300 with Up to 45Mb/s read or write... Put my Apps or game on it.. and Violaaaa... No laggy :)
    04-30-2014 04:35 AM

Do NOT buy this card.

Hmmm had this card for a while now. Never had a problem with it. ADATA has always gave me no problems. But been using Sandisk for the last year, with no problems.
    04-30-2014 05:09 AM
    SanDisk ultra class 10 16gb
    04-30-2014 05:13 AM
    Hmmm had this card for a while now. Never had a problem with it. ADATA has always gave me no problems. But been using Sandisk for the last year, with no problems.
    I contacted SanDisk and they asked me to format the card on a PC before I put it in my phone. So, I did a thorough format instead of quick, even did a complete reset of the phone. Everything seems to be stable for now.
    04-30-2014 06:14 AM
61 123