With a name like Nevs4Nokia one would expect I would be coming from a Nokia Device but I'm coming from a Nexus 5.... Nevs4nokia comes from my first foray with Windows Phone 8, the Nokia 928. Loved it.

Although I loved my Nokia I always felt it was missing some efficient items such as Notification center (What, WP8.1 has it?), then there was the absence of a voice assistant (You say 8.1 has that to?), of course there was always the customization thing, I love switching my backgrounds, and WP8 would get stale switching colors of tiles (Don't tell me, WP 8.1 has that to?). The other BIG ISSUE for me was the quality of display, I loved the clarity of my high-end Android Devices (So now you are going to tell me WP 8.1 supports large screen HD devices?).

So I now find myself with a order placed for the oversized Nokia 1520.... HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?

Here is the point of this thread..... how has one-handed use been for you 1520 owners. I previously owned the Note 3 and could kinda use it with one hand. (couldn't find any one handed use videos)..... The Other Question is how are you all setting up your screens, I was thinking of putting informational tiles up top since I won't need to touch them much (Weather, time, calendar), then in the lower right my frequently used apps (telephone, browser, text, etc.

Quick it will be here soon....less than 5-hours for the postman to arrive (Oh My Gosh, I Can't Wait).

(NEXUS 5 for Sale $250.00 -- DC Area)
    xandros9 and Ryan ODonnell like this.
    04-18-2014 09:15 AM
    With a name like Nevs4Nokia one would expect I would be coming from a Nokia Device but I'm coming from a Nexus 5.... Nevs4nokia comes from my first foray with Windows Phone 8, the Nokia 928. Loved it.

Although I loved my Nokia I always felt it was missing some efficient items such as Notification center (What, WP8.1 has it?), then there was the absence of a voice assistant (You say 8.1 has that to?), of course there was always the customization thing, I love switching my backgrounds, and WP8 would get stale switching colors of tiles (Don't tell me, WP 8.1 has that to?). The other BIG ISSUE for me was the quality of display, I loved the clarity of my high-end Android Devices (So now you are going to tell me WP 8.1 supports large screen HD devices?).

So I now find myself with a order placed for the oversized Nokia 1520.... HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?

Here is the point of this thread..... how has one-handed use been for you 1520 owners. I previously owned the Note 3 and could kinda use it with one hand. (couldn't find any one handed use videos)..... The Other Question is how are you all setting up your screens, I was thinking of putting informational tiles up top since I won't need to touch them much (Weather, time, calendar), then in the lower right my frequently used apps (telephone, browser, text, etc.

Quick it will be here soon....less than 5-hours for the postman to arrive (Oh My Gosh, I Can't Wait).

I have used a review unit of the Nokia Lumia 1520 provided to me by Nokia via their website, and personally, I could use it in one hand, but not very well at all.
    As an Android mover, you mention about the changes in Windows Phone 8.1! Regarding you saying how people are setting up their phones, you might know about the small, medium and large tile sizes! Personally, I use the large and medium sizes for the apps and games I use most and the small ones that I hardly use, like the screenshot I have attached of my Windows Phone 8.1 Start Screen.

It's good to see that you are moving to the Windows Phone ecosystem, and welcome to the Windows Phone community!!
    10262038_248567935328111_6002051355994561410_n.jpg

P.S. Might be worth getting the Windows Phone app! :)
    Last edited by Ryan ODonnell; 04-18-2014 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake... woops!
    dnomadic likes this.
    04-18-2014 09:43 AM
    Range livetiles is a big workno fewer than 3 hours.I just ordered a charging shell for my 925,waiting for the postman...Ican't wait......

04-18-2014 09:52 AM
    Here is my homescreen,leave a blank right side of screen..62656d1397567421t-wp_ss_20140415_0009.png
    Ryan ODonnell and dnomadic like this.
    04-18-2014 09:55 AM
    Man I like that.... One question: Why leave the right side open? are you left/right handed?
    04-18-2014 11:57 AM
    I'm right hander and have short thumb,haha。。Actually I like wp7 ,the unbalance beauty,,
    04-18-2014 05:52 PM