12-30-2014 12:44 PM
33 12
tools
    Adam,

Glad to hear that your 1520 still brings you joy. I picked one up a few weeks ago and I really enjoy it. I noticed you mentioned replacing the screen/digitizer. Was that because of accidental damage or some other reason. Mine has jut a smidgen of the screen sensitivity issue. Nothing major, just very slightly annoying at times.
    12-29-2014 07:59 PM
    Same experience.. my wife do complain about the sensitivity of the screen... and occasionally about the size of phone. Quite a switch from the 720.... then Candy Crush landed on WP and now she's happy as a squirrel!!!
    12-29-2014 08:24 PM
    Adam,

Glad to hear that your 1520 still brings you joy. I picked one up a few weeks ago and I really enjoy it. I noticed you mentioned replacing the screen/digitizer. Was that because of accidental damage or some other reason. Mine has jut a smidgen of the screen sensitivity issue. Nothing major, just very slightly annoying at times.
    I dropped my phone on a gravel road and shattered the LCD screen and digitizer... Sent it to Palco for replacement. http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...tm#post2765923

I've never really had a problem with the phantom tap/sensitivity issue once i learned to be a bit more aggressive and forceful with my taps and scrolling on the phone. I simply adjusted to interacting with the phone a tiny bit more forcefully than I did with my iPhones.
    12-29-2014 08:31 PM
    I love my 1520 (938). The screen is gorgeous, and while I have the tap problem too, I very easily learned to accommodate and am slightly more careful when touching the screen. I was barely cognizant of it when I got it, and now I don't notice it at all.

I love, love, love the size of the screen, it makes the tile approach even more mesmerizing. And the battery life is amazing. I do miss the camera on my 1020, but I'm looking forward to denim and the speed of taking shots with the 1520. Oh, and the microSD card! Man, I never want a phone without one again!

Ordering one for my mom tomorrow. I'd love to get it in red, but I want it in 938 (Qi and 32 GB). Any recommendations?
    RumoredNow and Madam ImAdam like this.
    12-30-2014 01:35 AM
    Saw this thread and thought, "How is he enjoying the phone he bought on the 31st Dec, when it's still only the 30th".

Then I checked.......

Got to admit I am more than happy with mine, have you got an Xbox One yet? 1520, Surface Pro and an Xbox One a winning combination

Although it would be better if you could change the tile colours in Windows 8.1 like you can on WP and the Xbox One.
    RumoredNow and Madam ImAdam like this.
    12-30-2014 02:13 AM
    I'm still thoroughly in love with my 1520. It has replaced any desire I might have to pick up a tablet. The screen is that nice and that large. (I was favoring 7-8" tablet screens.)

The Beast does whatever I ask of it. It's very good in the all-around and I get loads of utility out of it. I've just made a carrier switch and that also is key to keeping happy. So nice that it is Unlocked so the switch went hassle free and now my service is even better with increased signal hold and data speed.

Looking forward to Denim (patiently)...
    Madam ImAdam likes this.
    12-30-2014 09:44 AM
    Great thread.. Nice to see people praising things, rather than using a forum just for problems... I came back to the 1520 after using a 930 for a while. Now Im sorry but i dont care what people say the 1520 is NOT a bigger 930.

The LCD is awesome compared to the over-saturated old Matrix style AMOLED

I think the camera is better in the 1520.. better colour reproduction and Dynamic range.. also I think its a bit sharper.. even on 1520s CYAN.compared to 930 Denim.. Newer is not necessarily better IMO.

Battery is amazing (3-4 days light - moderate use)

SD Card

And yes, awesomely loud and clear speaker... I only have to have the volume on 6 and I can hear it loud in my pocket..(or even just 7 when Im out shopping on a busy day).. in fact the speaker is so good.. i often listen to a radio talk show or pod cast in bed (It actually isnt bad on music either, but I wouldnt use a phone speaker for tunes.. its no HTC One M8.... )

Best desicion I ever made was changing back to the 1520. I bet MS wont build something like this :)

Cheers
    12-30-2014 12:01 PM
    I made the switch from Blackberry early in the year. Decided to go "all in Windows" on my daily driver tech. The huge screen, great sound and call quality make this a great phone for me. WP8 was great, but when WP8.1 came along it was even better. I use a windows laptop, tablet and my 1520 for work everyday. Ironically, the 1520 is probably the most powerful of all 3!! I still dig my old Blackberry tech and use the ol' Playbook quite often.
    12-30-2014 12:44 PM
33 12