Really enjoying my 1520 lately!

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm new to WP, picked up this Lumia 1520 on December 31, and did have some adjustment difficulties coming from a number of iPhones, and then some problems with the device that ultimately required a hard reset to factory conditions.... But now everything is working really well and I've started to actually love this thing and WP8!!! I'm really looking forward to the WP8.1 release.

just wanted to say that!

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You don't get to see these kinds of threads normally. Cheers to you. I also am loving my phone

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
If you're having any trouble switching over, I do think the key is to just stick with it long enough to adapt and see what the real benefits of Windows Phone are and just how powerful the Lumia 1520 is!

Cheers everyone!

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
For me personally the experience of growing to like and then love this device and wp8 is similar to my general feeling regarding music... Something that is immediately enjoyable musically often tends to not hold up well upon repeated later listening's for example, Bruno Mars music tends to be instantly digestible and likable, but has the tendency to seem much like hollow pop music ultimately. Now, on the other hand, I remember not liking the Kink's Muswell Hillbillies when I first heard it years ago, but I'd be dammed if that is not one of the best crafted albums if the last 30 years!!! It only gets better with repeated listening. I think there is something similar going on for me with WP.

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I hope this thread gets more visitors saying what's great about the phone to help me feel comfortable about ordering it. The issue threads gets loads of people posting. I'll be coming from an old Galaxy S2 so I've held out a long time waiting for a phone that would make me get back into a contract.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I hope this thread gets more visitors saying what's great about the phone to help me feel comfortable about ordering it. The issue threads gets loads of people posting. I'll be coming from an old Galaxy S2 so I've held out a long time waiting for a phone that would make me get back into a contract.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

And the 2 threads I started soliciting feedback from those who don't have any issues has gotten minimal (though some) participation in comparison. It really makes me hesitate to go ahead with my plan to buy one for me and one for my mother (waiting on Newegg/Negri to get fresh yellow and white stock). Granted, people typically go to forums of this sort to complain, but I've been around these things long enough to recognize when there are more problems than usual for a device, and the 1520 seems to fall into that category, unfortunately.

jnjroach

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I've been using my 1520 since November and I love it, started playing with the Remote Desktop Beta yesterday, working on my Surface Pro 2 was pretty cool, I actually used a TegraNote Stylus to ink in OneNote through RDP. This is a really functional device that will get even better when Office Gemini is released....

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Really happy to see that you've come to love the 1520. I have WP8.1 and it makes a great phone even better. The transparent tiles on the start screen makes the phone truly glorious....

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Coming from nexus 5 and iphone 5s i want to say that 1520 is the best device i have ever used!

I was originally looking to buy the Nexus 5 at the end of last year but did not like the reports on the battery life and camera. Then I heard about the 1520 and compared the two, the battery life alone made me take the Nexus off my prospective list. How well did you handle the transition from android?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
And the 2 threads I started soliciting feedback from those who don't have any issues has gotten minimal (though some) participation in comparison. It really makes me hesitate to go ahead with my plan to buy one for me and one for my mother (waiting on Newegg/Negri to get fresh yellow and white stock). Granted, people typically go to forums of this sort to complain, but I've been around these things long enough to recognize when there are more problems than usual for a device, and the 1520 seems to fall into that category, unfortunately.

Can you name a phone that doesn't have any problems? You show me a person that says that their phone (any make) has no problems at all and I will show you a liar. All phones have problems of some sort and also what one person finds a problem another would see as a trait.

Also do you think that all posts from people complaining about problems with the phone(again any phone make) are for real or even have the phone. If you do then you are quite na?ve.

My own option about the 1520 is that it is a great phone, yes it does have some small touch/swipe problems but it is a lot less that the problems with taps that were not recognised with the ios(iphone 3GS, 4 and 4S) and my android phones (Note 1, 2 and 3, S4, Xperia Z and Z1) I could go on for hours listing all the problems I had with those phones.

I do love the phone but I also love my 925 but if I had to pick on it would be the 1520

The size
The form
The screen
The battery
The speed
The smoothness
The wireless charging
8.1 made it even better and cyan will make it better still.

If you look hard enough you will find problems with anything, some people however tent to look too hard for problems for one reason or another.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you name a phone that doesn't have any problems? You show me a person that says that their phone (any make) has no problems at all and I will show you a liar. All phones have problems of some sort and also what one person finds a problem another would see as a trait.

Also do you think that all posts from people complaining about problems with the phone(again any phone make) are for real or even have the phone. If you do then you are quite na?ve.

My own option about the 1520 is that it is a great phone, yes it does have some small touch/swipe problems but it is a lot less that the problems with taps that were not recognised with the ios(iphone 3GS, 4 and 4S) and my android phones (Note 1, 2 and 3, S4, Xperia Z and Z1) I could go on for hours listing all the problems I had with those phones.

I do love the phone but I also love my 925 but if I had to pick on it would be the 1520

The size
The form
The screen
The battery
The speed
The smoothness
The wireless charging
8.1 made it even better and cyan will make it better still.

If you look hard enough you will find problems with anything, some people however tent to look too hard for problems for one reason or another.

Sorry, but I refuse to believe that every single phone has problems. My Lumia 920 is flawless, as were my Lumia 800 and 900. I guess by your definition that makes me a liar.

No, I don't believe every complaint. What makes you think I do? Even if I believed half of the quibbles about the phone, there'd be more than enough of them to be concerned. And conversely, not all of the praise regarding the device should be believed either. If you believe every single good thing said, then you too are quite na?ve. I follow your posts and have no reason to doubt what you're saying though.

Part of why I'm so concerned is that one of the two 1520s I plan to buy is for a family member, one that won't know the entire troubleshooting process and will have a much harder time with things if their device is defective at all. If mine is defective for any reason, I can deal with it a lot easier.

Thanks for your input.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, but I refuse to believe that every single phone has problems. My Lumia 920 is flawless, as were my Lumia 800 and 900. I guess by your definition that makes me a liar.

No, I don't believe every complaint. What makes you think I do? Even if I believed half of the quibbles about the phone, there'd be more than enough of them to be concerned. And conversely, not all of the praise regarding the device should be believed either. If you believe every single good thing said, then you too are quite na?ve. I follow your posts and have no reason to doubt what you're saying though.

Part of why I'm so concerned is that one of the two 1520s I plan to buy is for a family member, one that won't know the entire troubleshooting process and will have a much harder time with things if their device is defective at all. If mine is defective for any reason, I can deal with it a lot easier.

Thanks for your input.

With your 920 did it never miss a swipe or tap or maybe go through the battery too quickly, ever? When I said every phone had problems I should have added 'at some point' but I think if you think about it then it must have made a fault at some point.

Anyway I don't want to get into an argument about it. I don't be live all the positive post either and if you look at the last post on the link below you will see what I said about the matter in a post a few days ago.

The hole buying for someone else thing, I bought a car for someone a few years back and it turned out to be a lemon and every time it broke down I felt as though it was my fault and it was a terrible situation to be in so I get your point.

The main problem seems to be the touch/swipe thing and then there is the 8.1 problems which can't really be attributed to the 1520 as it is the same with all the phones, biggest problem was people thinking that it wouldn't have problems.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...e-zero-problems-their-1520-a.html#post2493392

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I took the plunge and finally ordered RM-938 variants in yellow (for me) and white (for my mother's birthday) earlier today. Looking forward to it.

richhill963

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a love affair with my Red 1520, its been pretty well flawless, I'm hoping 8.1 does not mess it up. I came from a Nokia Lumia 900 cyan and this is where the love affair started.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa