Hello,

I upgraded to the 8.1 DP and after doing this I feel my SD card has been corrupted. I've been having multiple issues taking photos and video as well as installing new apps which I had set to go to the SD card. I also checked storage sense and since I had everything set to go to the SD card I figured there would be some space used. There's currently nothing showing, so I believe it is corrupted and needs to be formatted. Is there a way to format the SD card without taking it out of the phone and connecting it to the computer?

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
    04-20-2014 02:36 PM
    There is format SD card option in Storage sense under SD card
    04-21-2014 01:51 AM
    Having the same issue on an authentic SanDisk card I've been using happily in my pmp.
    Winphone 8+ corrupts the data.

Formatted using the device and other tools (windows 8 pro, SD formatter etc), the issue always returns when the card is used in the phone.

Formatting will not fix the issue.
    11-09-2014 12:41 AM
    ...are they still using the dodgy buffer .sys file from windows7 instead of the updated version in that old hotfix by any chance?
    11-09-2014 12:43 AM
    I have a similar problem with a L830 that I have (and also with a L730 that I use to have).
    What happens with me is when I'm using the phone heavily using during a chat with viber or one of the other chat apps, the phone appears to "lockup" for a few seconds, that is doesn't respond to any screen touches, then reboots and usually comes up then with a message that there is a problem with the SD card, and ask if I want it fixed. I always reply "yes" and in a few seconds the phone is back and everything seems ok.
    Haven't actually lost any data on the SD cards yet, but I also regularly back them up.
    I've tried several brands and speeds of MicroSD cards and still have that problem.
    Doesn't happen everyday, maybe once or twice a week.
    Since I've had that on two Nokia's now and I also see something similar reported here and also on some of the other Nokia forums, I suspect that there is something just inherently wrong with Nokia's and Windows. I had an Samsung ATIV SE (windows 8.0) for a couple of months and never had that problem with the SD card.

Fred
    11-09-2014 03:10 PM
    I'm facing the same issue, after upgrading to 8.1 DP in Nokia Lumia 625.
    Have formatted and even changed sd cards ... problem still persists!
    01-04-2015 04:25 AM