Bing search keeps popping up and freezing phone

jon elizondo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
@augusto wow you are right, I have been having the same issues as everyone else and when I press around the edge of the top left corner the Bing search comes up. I still can't understand why the screen stutters though, related too?

augusto dibo

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
jon, I think the issues are related since if it is some sort of short circuit it can triggers any behavior. So far, mine is working fine. However, now if I press too strongly at that edge, the Back button still comes up, but I have to press really hard.

Operez310

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I had the exact same issue when I first got my 1520 in January it was very annoying and frustrating. I tried doing everything, but ended up having to return it. The replacement phone I have now has been working perfectly. If you still can try and exchange it.

augusto dibo

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I am glad to announce that I could solve all my problems with my Lumia 1520. It has been now two weeks without any of the following:

. Bing Search popping up
. Screen freezing
. Soft buttons not working
. Soft buttons activating randomly
. Screen shaking up and down
. Screen resizing like zooming in when going to type password on lock screen
. VGA color on lock screen
. Password undesired multiple taps on lock screen
. Phantom taps
. High Battery consumption
. SD card reading issue after a soft boot
. Reboot when shutting down
. Screen stuttering

There was not a single hour before that I did not had one or more of the above annoying problems.

I am using Win 8.1, Glance, Double Tap to Wake, Cortana pinned to home screen and all the goodies.

I will report back by the weekend, but so far I am so happy that I had discovered the root cause. If the fix that I have described in my previous post really worked, I will write and share a detailed tutorial to help those that, like me, are not covered by a warranty on their phones.

Last edited:

augusto dibo

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I've had the same error. Waiting guide from you !!

1airlee, please check if you also has this symptom: Back soft button or Bing search soft button triggers when you light press around the upper left edge of the screen. If you lay down your phone on a flat surface and do this light pressing, are you able to feel or see a slight movement? You should not see this around any of the other three edges. They are stiff. If you have this symptom I think my fix can also work for you. Let me know.

Also, do you utilize any cover for your phone and did you notice if the issues started after using the cover or after a drop/shock of the phone?

Formula84

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I also have these issues and more. I tried a reset back to Factory and that did not help. Mine started typing by itself so I took it back to day to get another Red 1520 but they were out so the will mail one to me. See video below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/od1z4xoa32noi6d/My Movie.mp4

Jim

1airlee, please check if you also has this symptom: Back soft button or Bing search soft button triggers when you light press around the upper left edge of the screen. If you lay down your phone on a flat surface and do this light pressing, are you able to feel or see a slight movement? You should not see this around any of the other three edges. They are stiff. If you have this symptom I think my fix can also work for you. Let me know.

Also, do you utilize any cover for your phone and did you notice if the issues started after using the cover or after a drop/shock of the phone?

Can you post your tutorial?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise