how durable is your 1520?

fawzib

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
would like to hear about your experience with your 1520 and how durable it is against drops and screen scratches (hair scratches as well)

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have dropped it a few times, but not very far, maybe 2 feet? I had a bad case and it put micro-cracks (scratches) up and now down both sides, but that is hidden with the Zagg shield, so I don't notice it. But remember, these phones are not built to be dropped and abused. I found even the most indestructible device will break if it lands wrong. A point to ponder, 100 or so years ago when I was a kid, some salesman came to the door and sold my mom some indestructible drinking glasses, he dropped them, tossed them into the sink from 3 feet away, and no matter what he did, they did not break. So my mom bought a set. After they was delivered, it took us kids 1 day and then we broke one. Mind you, we wasn't trying to, it just slipped out of my hand after pouring milk in it. IT BROKE!!!! Lucky for my mom the company did stand behind their product and replaced it free, but that shows that even something sold as indestructible, can be destroyed, if dropped in the right circumstances,

Ahmad Barakji

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I got the 938 version, and the flip cover came with the phone, so.... No scratches or breaks or cracks. Dropped it a couple of times, but nothing so far.
Very happy :D

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, we need to understand Nokia makes some durable phones (one of our Moderators has an avatar of a Stormtrooper from "Star Wars" that has a caption "Left my Nokia on the Death Star when it exploded... still works"), but they are not the "rugged" style by any means. My Nokia 900 screen cracked on my when my wifes dumb Standard Poodle jumped up on me and knocked it out of hand. So, they are quality construction, but if you live or work in a rough and tumble lifestyle, I do suggest a case and screen cover no matter how sexy the phone looks. Or, if you own a dumb large dog. Certainly if you own a dumb large dog....

fawzib

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
i am actually surprised that even with case on the phone screen cracks easily. i noticed that the mobile shell is so thin.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6