Get 1520 or Skip It

JOHN Smith88

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I have 1020 @ the moment but want to switch to 1520 for bigger battery not sure considering the problems users are having with 8.1 preview should I wait to get one with official 8.1 so all the bugs are worked out ?
As for which model to get since 8.1 supports moving apps to SD 16 GB should be fine or 32 GB is future proof also with extra storage. For those using 1520 on Att what models you guys have unlocked 32 or 32 offered by att !!

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the 32GB from AT&T, but you have to order online and only comes in black. But now with 8.1, I could have gone with a colorful 16GB version. If money isn't a problem, NewEgg has the 938 that is unlocked, and 32GB version in different colors. (I don't know if NewEgg still offers it, but they did have 1 year interest free with Buy-it-Now. You can pay it off within one year no interest if money is a little tight) Oh and the 938 has Qi wireless charging, where the 940 (AT&T's 1520) only has the option of a PMA case by Incipio

Ahmad Barakji

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yea I have the 938, the QI works without a case, I can confirm that. And the battery is a beast :)

If you're moving from a 1020, just make sure to play around with the 1520 and get comfortable with the size if you intend to use it as a daily driver.

I got mine after a good amount of consideration. I settled for a white 32GB, no SD Card... Frankly I don't need it because I stream all my music.
As for videos, I add and delete. I'm testing video streaming from my desktop at the moment.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the only real worried you mentioned is the WP 8.1 version. Understand, the 8.1 out now is the developer preview. It is fairly easy for tech enthusisists to register as a developer with MS and get that preview. It is NOT the general release version. That is why you are hearing so much on the threads about problems. Heck, one of the advantages of MS making that system so easily available is to see how the update works and address major concerns prior to it's worldwide release. There is not a L1520 sold with 8.1 yet. You will get it, but in a couple more months.

If you want the L1520, snag away. Both your current L1020 (still an excellent phone) and any other WP8 you get will be fine.

JOHN Smith88

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Issue with ATT version is I think its too expensive but at other thing I see is that if I am going to spend $600 on a phone might get it unlocked .
I do take pics in low night and based on reviews I heard 1520 is not that good in low light is that correct ?
If ATT unlocks their version of 1520 will that work with T-Mobile . Other issue I think is its always better to go to a store with phone issues then online issues .
Don't think phone can be returned to newegg if its opened . Anyone knows if the unlocked phone newegg sells has Nokia US Warrenty .

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon