Sad 1520 owner :(

Patrick95

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Yellow Nokia Lumia 1520 on 28/02/2014 through Harvey Norman. I was a very happy customer until the night of the 28/03/2014, when the phone started vibrating non-stop for around 3 hours. I tried to soft and hard reset it but nothing would happen. So I decided to leave it until it drains itself and I succeeded (it stooped vibrating). So I put it back on the charger to get some juice but the phone wouldn't turn on, I tried several times without a good outcome.

So the next day I went to Harvey Norman and told them what happened, they sent it to Fonebiz Sydney for repairs under warranty and the waiting began.
They promised me it would be done in 1 to 2 weeks but now it has been more than 3 weeks and it's not done yet. I phoned Fonebiz today and asked them what's wrong with the phone and they told me that it had a faulty main board, faulty screen and something else. Since it's a faulty phone and I had nothing to do with the 'damage' I went to harvey Norman today to ask them for a replacement. I didn't buy a $750 phone to have faulty components and the phone being taken apart. They told me they would have replaced it if I booked in the repairs 1 DAY EARLIER!

Please guys, what should I do? What would you have done in my stead? Why can't they give me a replacement? Should I just wait ANOTHER week for the phone to be repaired and accept the repaired faulty unit?
I'm going crazy without it :crying:

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Sue them. I'm serious. They treated you like crap. If under the warranty says 2 weeks then it must be UNDER 2 weeks.

My 8X had also been through repairment and everything works fine :D. They swap components but nothing happens.

Patrick95

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I contacted Nokia Australia through their Facebook page, they asked me for Fonebiz's (the company that's repairing my phone) job number so they can follow up with the care team. I don't know what that means but yeah... :/

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Good... then trust Nokia. So far the one unifying thing across the forum is that Nokia takes care of it's customers. Please keep us informed.

I am in the US, have never heard of this, can do nothing about it, and I am upset for you. Makes me mad to hear this crud. Refurbish that L1520, and sell it as such cheap somewhere else. You paid for a new, working phone. You should GET a new, working phone. Period, end of story.

Doni Masongsong

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
+1 on this. I had problems with the SD card slot on my 1520. Phone reps were amazing, but could not solve the problem. They sent me a 2 day shipping (free!) to Nokia, replaced my phone and sent it back via UPS (next day air). Turn around time was 4 bussiness days (plus the weekend for a total of 6). Got a new phone, problem solved.

Contact Nokia directly and they should be able to help out. They have the best customer service I have seen in any phone company.

Have you tried contacting Nokia support?

Patrick95

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, that really helps making me aware of what my rights are. Well I am going back to the store today with a good argument. Hopefully it works out.

Patrick95

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Wohooo, they finally agreed to give me a new one. I am so relieved :)
Such a kerfuffle they had to get me through, glad it's over!

Genesis Dionela

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
actually thats the problem with the companies now a days before 3-4 years agon I bougth NOKIA 311 i think i forgot but with issues that it cant be repaired that fast and i send it for repair yet same issues under warranty and they could not change to a new one what I did i throw the phone in the floor at face of the customer service...and left...after that I did not bought nokia anymore not until last month buy this 1520...so far I dont have problem yet

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
actually thats the problem with the companies now a days before 3-4 years agon I bougth NOKIA 311 i think i forgot but with issues that it cant be repaired that fast and i send it for repair yet same issues under warranty and they could not change to a new one what I did i throw the phone in the floor at face of the customer service...and left...after that I did not bought nokia anymore not until last month buy this 1520...so far I dont have problem yet

Nokia has changed since then, I am glad you are back in the family.. The 1520 is a really good phone, some bugs, but the overall good, out weighs any little bug. I still have a problem thinking about my upgrade.. I know I only had the phone about a month, but I love to go better, a real "Need for Speed" kind of person. (Speed not the proper word, but shorter than the "Newest and Greatest: LoL) I got a feeling this phone (Barring that I don't break it) will last me till my contract runs out in November....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa