Does anyone have ZERO problems with their 1520?

EuroKnuter

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I really appreciate everyone's feedback. As I mentioned in another thread, I took the plunge and ordered two 1520s today, one for me and one as a gift for my mother. Hope to report back with good news.

Let us know, some of us are following right along (zero defects in 4+months here) :)

Hawk Tartaros

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Have mine sinds day one and no problems what so ever.
Have some issues with my 64 gb class 10 sd card but had problems before i even put it into my phone.
Changed it back to my class 4, 32 gb sd card and works fine now.
Also some issues with plex but that is the app but have it moslty sorted out.

Love the way how i can wirelessly charge my phone and trough plex, sync media wirelessly without the need of usb.
The is absolutly no need for usb for the 1520, that is the main thing i love the most.

Ivanr53

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Had mine for 3 months and loving it with ZERO problems with WP8. I will NOT install the Preview 8.1 with all the bugs and rather wait for the official release later in 2014.

Exoma

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I have absolutely ZERO problems with my RM-937 Lumia 1520.

I am using it in Canada with Fido.

The battery is superb.
Phone doesn't heat up.
Screen sensitivity is working perfectly.
Running Windows Phone 8.1
I get LTE just fine.

Hawk Tartaros

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Had mine for 3 months and loving it with ZERO problems with WP8. I will NOT install the Preview 8.1 with all the bugs and rather wait for the official release later in 2014.
Have windows phone 8.1 and is really an upgrade from 8.0.
I can say from personal experience that i have not have any issues with 8.1 and is so much smoother and faster.
Love the notification centre and quite hours.

thefanfx

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
i'm like 99% sure there is no 100% working 1520 device out there.... just because the issue is over all devices , it's not like faulty badge , but over all versions from all locations which means it's just overall made devices , why on some is more than others ... maybe because due settings or way of usage ... no clue
it's not much better after last 8.1 update .... but there is some difference
so yeah all overheats if yours is not .... :) prove it
touch sensitivity issue is affecting everyone .... but some of us are still trying to explain it with :) hollow finger touch etc etc ... the truth is your device is like all others

so why Nokia and MS are keeping silent still after all our alarms .... greed .... money......not brave enough ..... who knows the truth is out there....

p.s: btw i still like my phone , it's still great nokia / wp device , and :smile: quality build piece of hardware i still love to use :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::grin:

Glen Urbina

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
ZERO problems so far! I use everything daily alarms, calendar, all the integration with different apps with People hub and else... for gaming GTA, Fifa 14, Modern Combat... I use it for internet sharing, GPS, googling stuff, whatsapp'ing all day!

HEAVY USER! and NO problems! and battery last a day easily! by 6-7pm is around 40%, by 10pm is around 15-20% because at night I turn on the internet sharing and chat heavily!

maybe just little ones..

-games lagging after a while, only fix I have found is to restart the phone!
-and the music player, if you hit the shuffle button, it will shuffle but if you chose a song and hit the aleatory button it stills plays the music alphabetically!
-my phone is cramped with photos! in some apps, you can change, upload, send photos right? it starts loading the gallery and sometimes it closes after a few seconds!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I have absolutely ZERO problems with my RM-937 Lumia 1520.

I am using it in Canada with Fido.

The battery is superb.
Phone doesn't heat up.
Screen sensitivity is working perfectly.
Running Windows Phone 8.1
I get LTE just fine.

ZERO problems so far! I use everything daily alarms, calendar, all the integration with different apps with People hub and else... for gaming GTA, Fifa 14, Modern Combat... I use it for internet sharing, GPS, googling stuff, whatsapp'ing all day!

HEAVY USER! and NO problems! and battery last a day easily! by 6-7pm is around 40%, by 10pm is around 15-20% because at night I turn on the internet sharing and chat heavily!

maybe just little ones..

-games lagging after a while, only fix I have found is to restart the phone!
-and the music player, if you hit the shuffle button, it will shuffle but if you chose a song and hit the aleatory button it stills plays the music alphabetically!
-my phone is cramped with photos! in some apps, you can change, upload, send photos right? it starts loading the gallery and sometimes it closes after a few seconds!

Great to hear. Are you both using Glance screen and double-tap to wake?

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm just still looking for an excuse to buy it while holding out hope that it'll work flawlessly. Has anyone been able to enjoy their 1520 sans screen sensitivity, bright spots, etc.? Also if you don't mind, where did you buy it and how long have you had it?

I have 0 problems with my 8.1 Preview on my Nokia Lumia 1520 32 GB. I am amazed at all the goodies and like every single one . Evan the me tile. I like being taken directly to the App. NO regrets at all. I wish you all the luck!!.

I bought mine Online from AT&T as soon as the 32GB was available , The staff online was amazing!!! I will never go back to anything smaller than 6 inch screen. I still have my 920 and it's laughable that I used it .

Thanks

mobilejk

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Never heard of a flawless phone. Though I bought 2 from AT&T customer care and both are bug-free - yes even with the 8.1 developer update. No complaints here. In fact, I would say the 1520 is the BEST phone I've ever owned. Period. Won't ever go back to a tiny screen again. BTW I had to order from CC because I wanted one in white and the stores don't stock it just on-line and CC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs