Travel Charger

John Walsh3

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Just bought a 1520 and I'm wondering whether to buy a travel charger (external battery) for it. I travel to the west coast quite a bit and have a 10 trip on average. Anyone using one?
I am testing the phone to see how long it will last using a Bluetooth stereo headset so I'll get an idea of how long it will last.

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Just bought a 1520 and I'm wondering whether to buy a travel charger (external battery) for it. I travel to the west coast quite a bit and have a 10 trip on average. Anyone using one?
I am testing the phone to see how long it will last using a Bluetooth stereo headset so I'll get an idea of how long it will last.
Yes, I have a 7800mAh battery pack. Has charging outputs in both 1.2A and 2.1A.
From what I can tell the 1520 is AMAZING on battery.
Are you driving during your trip? Or are you taking public transportation? Cause you might as well just buy a cigarette-charger.
A good thing to do is to put the phone on battery-saver and only keep the functions you will use on. It'll extend the battery usage.

In terms of battery-packs/travel chargers... just keep in mind that some eBay ones display false battery capacity. Also 7800 is not always 7800 or 5000 is not always 5000. It will always be a bit less. Also, I noticed that the phone charges better on the 2.1A [while using simultaneously with charging]. The battery is bigger so when using it during 1.2A will feel more like a 'trickle charge'. Where as charging with 1.2A on a 920 or so is more than enough.

Alpo714

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

Hello John Walsh3! I hope you are enjoying your L1520 as much as I am!

The Lumia 1520 probably has one of the best battery life you can find in any of the Lumia phones. Provided that you don't fiddle with your phone much (IE check e-mails, play video games and everything else) you will get at least 10 hours of music playback time with a blue tooth headset enabled.

When I travel I like to bring my Nokia wall charger, Nokia DC-19, and New Trent PowerPak+ 13500mAh Portable. I sometimes travel abroad so having a reliable power source is important especially if you are unsure if you will be able to visit a power outlet. Just for clairification, my nokia wall charger is used for general recharges, the DC-19 is used "on the go" when I'm out on the town or need something portable. The New Trent PowerPak is my last resort to power and serves as a back up if I can't get near a power outlet to juice up.

I hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720