Battery Life

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't play games at all. All I do is get on social networks, internet, text, and occasional calls. My phone is hot right now and I barely use it.

Do you have Gmail syncing? What way are you syncing your mail, people have seen good results by changing it to 30 minutes or more.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you have Gmail syncing? What way are you syncing your mail, people have seen good results by changing it to 30 minutes or more.

Yahoo Mail used to drain my battery a bit on my 920. Setting it to 30 minutes made it a lot better. For some reason it takes a lot longer to sync Yahoo. Gmail seems pretty instantaneous. It's probably a good idea to set all email to sync every 30 minutes or longer, but I'd say especially Yahoo.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure HERE Maps aren't on in the background? Also remember that some apps will remain active in the background the next time you start them, even when you turned them off. Just periodically make sure some apps that you thought you turned off in the background didn't turn back on.

Also occasionally (once or twice a week or whenever you think battery drain is successive or the phone is warmer than it should be) reboot the device. Never know if there's a runaway process or something.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Best results for all of my phones have come from the method I described which is why I described it.

Sorry but what you said in post 26 just doesn't make sense and to be fair I think you need a better method of explaining things. What is 'the combo'

JamesJinSC

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
did a couple of soft resets, checked all radios, loc,nfc, etc turned everything off and over to manual control, removed almost every live tile, turned off every background app possible, turned off glance, turned off cortana, set brightness to low, I live within 1/10 mile of my carriers tower (I see the entire tower out my window, including emergency generator) Before the update I got 3 to 4 days battery life with completely normal use, now I get 20 - 32 hours TOPS with very light use.

I think they have tweaked the software cpu throttling or something because the phone is faster but battery drains ridiculously fast compared to pre-8.1 days.

Huppie

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
My battery problem - it draining as quickly as you can charge it (at about 20% per hour) - wasn't a result of installing 8.1. It just occurred suddenly and after a lot of testing on my Lumia 920 as well as my 1520. Soft resets didn't work and neither did factory resets with using the cloud to put all settings and apps back. The only thing that did work was to factory reset my Lumia and re-install everything manually. I actually think I'm back to my old apps and settings now, but now it's working perfectly again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro