05-14-2014 02:13 AM
177 12345 ...
tools
    I got a Lumia 920 from ebay because I thought I ruined my other Lumia fooling with a sim adapter. Turns out it wasn't damaged but the device I got from Ebay is the one I use today. It works flawlessly. But I made sure of a few things, 1. It was paid for via Paypal. 2. they had a return policy on the device. The Op probably doesn't shop well or is buying described defective devices.
    04-25-2014 09:42 AM
    I have a white dot on my screen...I just have to live with it.
    I believe that is called a dead pixel. I have gotten one before but it was black, I was able to trade it for a new one with no issues.

Not sure if they are selling defective products or not. I do not think they are as those sites are pretty big sites and have excellent customer satisfaction.

4 defective units in a row is highly unlikely unless they were all produced consecutively from one another. Reason why I say this is because I work in manufacture distribution factory and I know I have seen that one guy that just messes up a few units in a row and still pack them out.
    04-25-2014 10:41 AM
    not taking a bash at lumias but maybe try another manufaturer?, i had problems with nokia and since moving to the ativ s, its been flawless, try maybe an htc or the Ativ SE? or wait for newer phones while managing the defective one?
    04-25-2014 11:47 AM
    I look at this like this...

I refuse to buy a phone where I can't visually inspect it.

I'm not going to go through the hassle of having to return one let alone 4 of them and I am not anal enough to insist a mail order business keep sending me replacements until I am satisfied either.

Heck,I know brick & mortar stores get in bad lots I went through 6 Samsung Galaxy Captivates at a ATT store to get my last 2 for me and my wife when they first came out,and which is why I never will order a phone or any high priced electronics online...

Is it a QC issue,sure,but 1 thing to remember,they aren't paying their factory workers a lot neither, and there comes a point of using common sense too...knowing when to go elsewhere for one. Had I not found 2 good ones that day that was perfect for me,I would have gone to a different store or got a different model of phone.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
    Will6371 likes this.
    04-25-2014 05:59 PM
    you see that i always say hey.. no way all devices are defective. i mean there must be little dignity left in Nokia to randomly inspect 1 device out of 100,000. but it turns out (so far) every single device is defective or suffers from serious issues. The build quality isn't that great either. the polycarbonate plastic they are proud of, is very very thin to the point i feel i can pierce through it with my nails. It really felt like a cheap product to me.

I just wanted to have my last device with Nokia logo on it. Why do you do this to me?
    04-26-2014 04:11 PM
    you see that i always say hey.. no way all devices are defective. i mean there must be little dignity left in Nokia to randomly inspect 1 device out of 100,000. but it turns out (so far) every single device is defective or suffers from serious issues. The build quality isn't that great either. the polycarbonate plastic they are proud of, is very very thin to the point i feel i can pierce through it with my nails. It really felt like a cheap product to me.

I just wanted to have my last device with Nokia logo on it. Why do you do this to me?
    Yeah I think that if there were any doubts about you talking bull, you just removed them with that statement. I'm not convinced you have ever held a 1520 if you think that.

Sorry but just saying what a lot of other people will be thinking.
    BobLobIaw likes this.
    04-26-2014 05:46 PM
    Yeah I think that if there were any doubts about you talking bull, you just removed them with that statement. I'm not convinced you have ever held a 1520 if you think that.

Sorry but just saying what a lot of other people will be thinking.
    I don't know....maybe he's Edward Scissorhands.
    04-27-2014 02:20 AM

Well..time to get another brand then..and then go complain on that models forums..cause it doesn't sound like you will ever find a perfect new phone..

Good luck

Mac
    04-27-2014 04:10 AM
    I don't know....maybe he's Edward Scissorhands.
    Maybe he is a liar, just calling a spade a spade and all that.
    04-27-2014 07:55 AM

Go get an iPhone and enjoy its problems over there, my 1520 is perfect, the 2 friends I convinced to get theres is perfect, my first one I dropped and broke was perfect, quit buying cheap knockoffs and there will be no build quality issues.

Besides your talking chance, do you even have a 1520 ?? I bet the one you looked at and "felt" was a gutted display unit like they have in best buy.
    04-27-2014 03:15 PM
    what? guys i seriously ordered my 1520 5 times already. if u own a 1520 u can easily compare it to previous models. also on Tuesday i will receive my 5th device maybe this will be proof for you all (in case it came defective) so hold your horses
    04-27-2014 04:31 PM
    Well if the 1520 is so bad and so "cheap feeling" as you have said, and every 1520 out there has issues as you claim then why "#5"?
    Will6371 and BobLobIaw like this.
    04-27-2014 07:17 PM
    You're insane. You're definitely buying cheap knockoffs or something. I have two, red and black, and their build quality is superb. No creaks, that "foam-ish" ring and display are perfectly set. Buttons are firm and click.

I was surprised you said the "plastic" was so thin you felt like you could pierce with your fingernail. Theres one reason why Nokia phones are heavier, due to them having a well constructed, body, partly due to thinkness.

Almost no android phone, comes with haac mics, ois, or an Assertive LCD display. Nokia brings touch notch quality, hardware and software.

Have no idea what you're talking about.
    BobLobIaw likes this.
    04-27-2014 07:33 PM
    U just talking rubbish or u buying fake Chinese models...lol...Nokia is known. For built quality no matter what range the phone is....i have Lumia 1020 and it awesome
    04-27-2014 07:40 PM
    You're insane. You're definitely buying cheap knockoffs or something. I have two, red and black, and their build quality is superb. No creaks, that "foam-ish" ring and display are perfectly set. Buttons are firm and click.

I was surprised you said the "plastic" was so thin you felt like you could pierce with your fingernail. Theres one reason why Nokia phones are heavier, due to them having a well constructed, body, partly due to thinkness.

Almost no android phone, comes with haac mics, ois, or an Assertive LCD display. Nokia brings touch notch quality, hardware and software.

Have no idea what you're talking about.
    the polycarbonate is indeed a lot more thin than all previous models. just compare it to lumia 900 or lumia 920. and yes i want the lumia 1520 so badly. it is my last nokia device. i just refuse to believe that all devices are poorly built. i'm simply disappointed.
    04-27-2014 10:39 PM
    04-27-2014 11:10 PM
    the polycarbonate is indeed a lot more thin than all previous models. just compare it to lumia 900 or lumia 920. and yes i want the lumia 1520 so badly. it is my last nokia device. i just refuse to believe that all devices are poorly built. i'm simply disappointed.

Your simply from another planet if you think anyone is going to believe you.
    04-28-2014 08:16 AM
    what? guys i seriously ordered my 1520 5 times already. if u own a 1520 u can easily compare it to previous models. also on Tuesday i will receive my 5th device maybe this will be proof for you all (in case it came defective) so hold your horses

So you have go 4 already.

Prove it!
    04-28-2014 08:21 AM
    So you have go 4 already.

Prove it!
    Occasionally one must look at themselves as the problem.
    04-28-2014 08:29 AM
    Feeding time!!! Lol, so where is #5
    Will6371 likes this.
    04-28-2014 05:13 PM
    why do people find it so hard to believe that someone has got 4 defective devices , why do people prefer to believe that someone would go out of their way to come ona forum and lie about getting 4 defective devices? I can believe it because it has happened to me several times and nokia's and other manufactuers quality control isn't like what it used to be

I have had

n97 handsets - loose hinges , scratched camera lens , dust under screen
    n8 handsets - purple screen problems on 4/5 handsets before giving up even though my gfriends n8 didn't have it
    808 - purple screen problem , dust under camera lens , one with creaky battery cover before I got a decent one
    920 - wonky silver camera surround , light bleed from near back button , light bleed from near the search button , creaky housing when pushed in certain places , scratched polycarbonate plastic finally got a decent one
    s4 - had two that came with chunks missing out of the silver surround , small chunks , but still a fault out of the box

not being funny but when I spend 400/500 on a device I expect a pretty good one , not one built on a Friday afternoon just before a bank holiday weekend or otherwise known as a lemon ;-) the thing is you can have two of the exact device in your hands and you can see that one is built better then the next one , with amazon they send you out a new one and you send the faulty one back and it really puzzles me how two exact devices can be built so differently , one can feel tight and well made but have dust under the camera the next can be perfect then it creaks when you touch it???

to be honest its bloody annoying , you go to buy your dream device , a gadget you've been waiting for , set it up and play with it , then notice a fault , you have to reset it , send it back or wait for the new one to turn up , set it up again etc etc its tedious and I don't think anyone would choose to get 4 defective units one after the other but it does happened and when it happends to you it isn't nice and causes lots of un-needed hassle :-/
    04-28-2014 05:32 PM
    Your simply from another planet if you think anyone is going to believe you.
    I believe him I have got through many devices before like my post above says , I also read about people going through loads of nokia 900s , nokia 928s , 920s and more ......... lets not forget one of the iphones was also coming with scratched silver out of the box a little while ago
    04-28-2014 05:35 PM
    It's not the device, it's you. ;)
    rdubmu likes this.
    04-29-2014 12:44 AM
    I believe him I have got through many devices before like my post above says , I also read about people going through loads of nokia 900s , nokia 928s , 920s and more ......... lets not forget one of the iphones was also coming with scratched silver out of the box a little while ago
    His "story" was pretty implausible to begin with but when he said that he thinks he could put his fingernail through the back of the phone it became a lie.
    DaT Franchise and BobLobIaw like this.
    04-29-2014 07:01 AM
    Used, demo, referbs dont count, dont be cheap buy new and remember you get what you pay for, if it doesn't come with a 1 year warranty that should be the first clue to stay away.
    04-29-2014 07:57 AM
177 12345 ...