6th defective device [story over, wont try 7th time sorry nokia]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: 4th defective device

With all due respect, you're not reading what I wrote. I'm not accusing you of any particular motive--I'm saying that your conclusion is flawed. And you did indeed say in one of your posts that: "eems like it may just be a matter of time before they all have some kind of issue with it." That is obviously your opinion, but is in no way supported by reality. I hope I made it clear that I find your conclusion, not your motives, to be suspect.
To be fair given the fact that I haven't read a post from something claiming they have ZERO issues with the touch responsiveness of the screen, it could be argued that the screen sensitivity issue is a major defect. Of course some say it's a software issue and will be fixed with firmware, but if that was true then what's taking Nokia so long to fix it, and why haven't they even acknowledged the issue?

maverickrohan

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

I had at&t Lumia 1520 with two white spots and false clicks issues. I sent it to Nokia for repair, they replaced my entire body and sent the phone back. My new replacement has no issues.

And FYI ... The false clicks issue is hardware in many cases. One symptom can have multiple causes.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

To be fair given the fact that I haven't read a post from something claiming they have ZERO issues with the touch responsiveness of the screen, it could be argued that the screen sensitivity issue is a major defect. Of course some say it's a software issue and will be fixed with firmware, but if that was true then what's taking Nokia so long to fix it, and why haven't they even acknowledged the issue?

There are plenty of people who have weighed in on the 1520 without mentioning any screen sensitivity issues. Whether it is considered a major defect by those who have identified it is certainly in the eye of the beholder. I'm referring to the overall conclusion that the 1520 is a defective piece of hardware. The totality of the input on this site, and equally importantly, by consumers on other sites, does not support the conclusion that the 1520 is defective. Any blanket statements to that effect are just spreading FUD in my opinion.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

No offense but I find these sorts of posts suspect. You have essentially said you bought three phones from the equivalent of the back of a van and are surprised they don't work. Look up Negri and ponder the things of which they have been accused. That is one step up from buying on eBay - that absolute bottom of the barrel accounts for two of the phones. Even B&H is hardly a bastion of integrity - I would not trust any business whose origin is in NY camera sales. Yes, I have used them and my opinion is they are the lesser of evils not a paragon of business virtue. How about trying to buy from a reputable source and, if something is defective, exchange it?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

No offense but I find these sorts of posts suspect. You have essentially said you bought three phones from the equivalent of the back of a van and are surprised they don't work. Look up Negri and ponder the things of which they have been accused. That is one step up from buying on eBay - that absolute bottom of the barrel accounts for two of the phones. Even B&H is hardly a bastion of integrity - I would not trust any business whose origin is in NY camera sales. Yes, I have used them and my opinion is they are the lesser of evils not a paragon of business virtue. How about trying to buy from a reputable source and, if something is defective, exchange it?

Do you know of anyone else that sells the RM-938 variant? There doesn't seem to be a correlation on this forum anyway with defective devices and place of purchase. I have read a few bad things about Negri though, so I would stay away from them if I can. I've never bought anything from B&H but their reputation online seems to be solid. Have you heard otherwise?

fawzib

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

bhphotovideo.com had these since long time but it was a hidden gem that i didn't share :$
now that i ordered my device i feel sharing is least i can do for you guys.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

bhphotovideo.com had these since long time but it was a hidden gem that i didn't share :$
now that i ordered my device i feel sharing is least i can do for you guys.

I assume you've used the device since it arrived... how's it going?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

I got a Lumia 920 from ebay because I thought I ruined my other Lumia fooling with a sim adapter. Turns out it wasn't damaged but the device I got from Ebay is the one I use today. It works flawlessly. But I made sure of a few things, 1. It was paid for via Paypal. 2. they had a return policy on the device. The Op probably doesn't shop well or is buying described defective devices.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

I have a white dot on my screen...I just have to live with it.

I believe that is called a dead pixel. I have gotten one before but it was black, I was able to trade it for a new one with no issues.

Not sure if they are selling defective products or not. I do not think they are as those sites are pretty big sites and have excellent customer satisfaction.

4 defective units in a row is highly unlikely unless they were all produced consecutively from one another. Reason why I say this is because I work in manufacture distribution factory and I know I have seen that one guy that just messes up a few units in a row and still pack them out.

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

not taking a bash at lumias but maybe try another manufaturer?, i had problems with nokia and since moving to the ativ s, its been flawless, try maybe an htc or the Ativ SE? or wait for newer phones while managing the defective one?

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

I look at this like this...

I refuse to buy a phone where I can't visually inspect it.

I'm not going to go through the hassle of having to return one let alone 4 of them and I am not anal enough to insist a mail order business keep sending me replacements until I am satisfied either.

Heck,I know brick & mortar stores get in bad lots I went through 6 Samsung Galaxy Captivates at a ATT store to get my last 2 for me and my wife when they first came out,and which is why I never will order a phone or any high priced electronics online...

Is it a QC issue,sure,but 1 thing to remember,they aren't paying their factory workers a lot neither, and there comes a point of using common sense too...knowing when to go elsewhere for one. Had I not found 2 good ones that day that was perfect for me,I would have gone to a different store or got a different model of phone.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

fawzib

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

you see that i always say hey.. no way all devices are defective. i mean there must be little dignity left in Nokia to randomly inspect 1 device out of 100,000. but it turns out (so far) every single device is defective or suffers from serious issues. The build quality isn't that great either. the polycarbonate plastic they are proud of, is very very thin to the point i feel i can pierce through it with my nails. It really felt like a cheap product to me.

I just wanted to have my last device with Nokia logo on it. Why do you do this to me?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

you see that i always say hey.. no way all devices are defective. i mean there must be little dignity left in Nokia to randomly inspect 1 device out of 100,000. but it turns out (so far) every single device is defective or suffers from serious issues. The build quality isn't that great either. the polycarbonate plastic they are proud of, is very very thin to the point i feel i can pierce through it with my nails. It really felt like a cheap product to me.

I just wanted to have my last device with Nokia logo on it. Why do you do this to me?

Yeah I think that if there were any doubts about you talking bull, you just removed them with that statement. I'm not convinced you have ever held a 1520 if you think that.

Sorry but just saying what a lot of other people will be thinking.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I think that if there were any doubts about you talking bull, you just removed them with that statement. I'm not convinced you have ever held a 1520 if you think that.

Sorry but just saying what a lot of other people will be thinking.
I don't know....maybe he's Edward Scissorhands.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

Well..time to get another brand then..and then go complain on that models forums..cause it doesn't sound like you will ever find a perfect new phone..

Good luck

Mac

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Go get an iPhone and enjoy its problems over there, my 1520 is perfect, the 2 friends I convinced to get theres is perfect, my first one I dropped and broke was perfect, quit buying cheap knockoffs and there will be no build quality issues.

Besides your talking chance, do you even have a 1520 ?? I bet the one you looked at and "felt" was a gutted display unit like they have in best buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb