6th defective device [story over, wont try 7th time sorry nokia]

Status
Not open for further replies.

fawzib

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: 5th defective device

yeah yeah keep joking, anyway it is the lumia 1520 is the joke of the dorms. when ever a new one arrives they all gather and laugh on how bad the device is and always bet that something is wrong with it. i updated the first post with image link and my 6th device! it will be my last!

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

yeah yeah keep joking, anyway it is the lumia 1520 is the joke of the dorms. when ever a new one arrives they all gather and laugh on how bad the device is and always bet that something is wrong with it. i updated the first post with image link and my 6th device! it will be my last!

A lot of joking ITT. You are claiming that the 1520 is a joke but that you and all the others in the dorms buy them anyway so that you can joke about how much of a joke they are. And you're wondering why we are joking about it?

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: 5th defective device [6th on the way from amazon]

Now just imagine, you could have gotten $150 of Nokia Love from 6 devices if you only downloaded the app for each device.

fawzib

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

Now just imagine, you could have gotten $150 of Nokia Love from 6 devices if you only downloaded the app for each device.

i already did and i was like damn i could have quite a cash from all those returns. oh well the next device is my last attempt and it might be like the rest as always and will be returned. i got 25$ gift and $25 (from the one i ordered and yet to arrive)

i hope the video uploaded above played a supporting proof about my claims.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

The sound poping is normal. It does that to me sometimes on the 1020. But it's very brief and only does it on some videos. Do not replace because of that! You may get a real problem if you replace it again!

fawzib

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

The sound poping is normal. It does that to me sometimes on the 1020. But it's very brief and only does it on some videos. Do not replace because of that! You may get a real problem if you replace it again!

you might be right that i might get a more serious issue next time. but this is so annoying that i notice is very clearly and it is 100% occurance when ever any sound plays, i get static sound. double tapping is more like quad tapping. it works 40% of the times or i need to tap it 5 times in a row (i dont know if this is common as well). but the static sound goes for 2 seconds and then "pa" sound and silence. all previous devices along with all devices from all other brands don't suffer from such thing..

this is my last device attempt with them and this device joke will end and it will be my goodbye to nokia after they being my only device all my life.

AlexFirth91

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

Should just try the Microsoft store, I'm sure they would assist in a repair...since they own it now.

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

i bet your next and last device will have that poping/static sound too, every 1520 i had in my hands had it, some more, some less.
​..

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

I uploaded a video using my nokia n900 to illustrate the sound defect i was talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqE_PlsfI00

That sound is your brain sizzling trying to figure out how to work such a device, I suggest you get an iPhone might be less complicated for a dullert like yourself to figure out.....or maybe im wrong and that sound is the phone, its way of saying your a deeedaadee.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

you might be right that i might get a more serious issue next time. but this is so annoying that i notice is very clearly and it is 100% occurance when ever any sound plays, i get static sound. double tapping is more like quad tapping. it works 40% of the times or i need to tap it 5 times in a row (i dont know if this is common as well). but the static sound goes for 2 seconds and then "pa" sound and silence. all previous devices along with all devices from all other brands don't suffer from such thing..

this is my last device attempt with them and this device joke will end and it will be my goodbye to nokia after they being my only device all my life.

I thought that the last one was your last, just more bull from a bull******

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

Please don't because you are getting all the bad ones and everyone else isn't 😜

Besides we all need to have a good laugh at your BS. No one with any good sense would continue to keep buying them with as many issues as you supposedly have had.
Personally I think you are just looking for a excuse to bash Nokia and continuing this thread..

Mac

fawzib

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

Please don't because you are getting all the bad ones and everyone else isn't ��

Besides we all need to have a good laugh at your BS. No one with any good sense would continue to keep buying them with as many issues as you supposedly have had.
Personally I think you are just looking for a excuse to bash Nokia and continuing this thread..

Mac

if you know me in person, you will know that I only buy nokia devices. even the video was taken with nokia n900! and i come from maemo space (so telling me to go and buy an iphone is a joke) but as part of being faithful to Nokia i want to have their last device. Yet, i will never turn a blind eye and assume things are okay with my device. I just want to see how far Nokia will go with their bad QC. So far they have impressed me beyond a doubt.

If the next Lumia is also defective..i will buy htc one m8 and that will be the end of it. hopefully a Nokia representative can come across this post and give me a working device. (nokia i have money and i can pay if you only have a working device)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Interesting enough aside from my very first 1520 which had a mic issue, none of my lumias from

The 810, 920, 928, 925, 1020 or my 1520 have given me much issue :p nor do I think Nokia has bad qc. Something seems a bit off here.

fawzib

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

yes i am forging all this to make nokia look bad. if the 6th lumia is defective that will be the last of me. of course i will post whats wrong as well.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

yes i am forging all this to make nokia look bad. if the 6th lumia is defective that will be the last of me. of course i will post whats wrong as well.

No hard feelings at all. But this is just like anything in life...you have a negative view on things and the result will be negative. You yourself said you look for defects when you get something new. Well... guess what, you're always going to find defects that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6