Got my 1520... think my Camera is broken

Masterz1337

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
So I finally got my 1520 yesterday, and so far it's been awesome, I upgraded it to 8.1 and everything. However this morning, the Camera took forever to load, and when it did there were pink lines going through it. So I rebooted the phone, and it worked fine for a while, and now everytime I use anything that loads the camera, its just all black and half the buttons are missing. I don't know if it's a hardware failure of software though, and the phone is also really hot in the upper area around the camera. Has anything like this been reported with 8.1 so far?

I also had the phone shipped to me from ATT... if it's a hardware defect does anyone know if the ATT store will swap it out for me?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Did you perform a hard reset on your advice after you installed 8.1? In my experience this helps a lot with the developer preview on bugs like this. I had camera issues on my 920 then I did a hard reset on the developer preview and had no more issues.

Masterz1337

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I did the reset in the about panel in settings after updating, is that the same as the hard reset? Once I did the reset though, I restored from my 920's 8.1 backup, which seemingly worked fine other than my start screen layout and apps.

​I did have it set overnight to restore the rest of my history of text messages though, perhaps overnight while it was pulling that data something got corrupted?

Edit: Actually it seems it's still pulling old text messages onto the phone... crazy how long this takes its been doing it overnight, as I like to have a record of all my texts.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I would try another hard reset and don't restore the back up and see what happens.

You did the hard reset the right way buy the way.

Masterz1337

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I did another one and it still doesn't work, so ATT is shipping me a new one. This whole thing has been somewhat of a nightmare... the WP8.1 backup feature for whatever reason won't do my home screen and apps, so I have to set it up manually each time. I did redownload all the apps and move them to the SD card though, so when I get my new phone all I will have to do is re-set up my home screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss