Cant focus on rear camera

VegaNovus

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Got a totally weird issue, my 1520's rear camera wont focus, its like its locked on manual focus. Up close, its fine, but anything further away than 6 inches and it refuses to focus.

Tried to manual focus in Nokia Camera app, also tried using other apps, like normal camera, 6snap etc.

Anybody got any ideas how to fix?

VegaNovus

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi Kacey, nothing happens when I press that button.

Kelvin, I've tried multiple apps, that one won't be any different.

Front camera works fine though

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
A soft reset and resetting the camera from settings should fix the issue. Also, is there any sign of damage (scratches, cracks) on your camera lens?

VegaNovus

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Which means its a hardware or a firmware problem. Are you on the dev preview?

Indeedy, spoken to Nokia and they advised using their software recovery tool, which I will do tonight.
If that doesn't work I guess I'll have to send it to Nokia.

Do you think they'll accept it for repair as its running 8.1?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Indeedy, spoken to Nokia and they advised using their software recovery tool, which I will do tonight.
If that doesn't work I guess I'll have to send it to Nokia.

Do you think they'll accept it for repair as its running 8.1?

Nope they won't accept it since you're running a software which is not yet approved by them,i would suggest flashing your phone first to the stock rom using Nokia software recovery suite and then send your phone for repair

poetic25

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue. I had the close up option under scenes selected under the camera settings. :confused: Once I changed it back to auto it was fine. I hope it's a simple fix for you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb