I get 4G on my 1520. Is that LTE?

Exoma

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
So, I bought an RM-937 1520. I live in Canada so Fido (my provider) allows me 2600 Mhz LTE on my phone. I'm just wondering if 4G means LTE on this phone?

The phone's signal goes in this order from what Ive noticed.

E (Edge?)
3G
H+ (HSPA+?)
4G (LTE?)

Am I getting LTE?

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So, I bought an RM-937 1520. I live in Canada so Fido (my provider) allows me 2600 Mhz LTE on my phone. I'm just wondering if 4G means LTE on this phone?

The phone's signal goes in this order from what Ive noticed.

E (Edge?)
3G
H+ (HSPA+?)
4G (LTE?)

Am I getting LTE?
doubt it. I believe 4G means just that and LTE means LTE.
unlike the US where at&t can call their HSDPA 4G when it's really just 3.5-3.7G

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
the international version doesn't show the icon LTE on the status bar. for us users of RM-937 the 4G icon is the equivalent of the LTE icon

Exoma

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I thought...

Makes sense considering there is also a H+ logo for HSPA +

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If you are on AT&T and using an AT&T branded phone, you should see 4G when you are on HSPA+. And LTE (or 4G LTE on some phones) when you are on LTE. Please note that currently there is no voice over LTE yet. So, anytime you are on a call, your network will drop back to HSPA+.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Now the question is, Is it AT&T or my phone? That I must figure out. I could call AT&T, and see what they say...

Did your old phones before 1520 ever get LTE service? The reason I'm asking is that your data plan on your account must be marked as LTE in order to get LTE service from AT&T. You only need do that once. If you have never gotten any LTE phones before, you need ask AT&T to make sure your data plan is properly provisioned for LTE.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
By the looks of it, I think OP is getting LTE.

I have an AT&T Lumia 920 which has LTE capabilities. However, it has a French ROM onboard.

It goes like this
E or 2G (I can't remember)
H
H+
4G (which Insider confirmed as LTE)

In the US, H+ is technically 3/3.5G and was marketed as 4G in the US. Hence the iPhone 4S's amusing "upgrade" to 4G in one iOS update.

But I confirmed my 920 was getting LTE when it said 4G. I'm assuming the LTE specific indicator is something US specific.

Last edited:

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Did your old phones before 1520 ever get LTE service? The reason I'm asking is that your data plan on your account must be marked as LTE in order to get LTE service from AT&T. You only need do that once. If you have never gotten any LTE phones before, you need ask AT&T to make sure your data plan is properly provisioned for LTE.

I did a chat with AT&T, I had used a dumbphone with my account for a couple months to save for a new phone. I cut it down to fit. They said my Sim isn't provisioned for LTE and they are going to send me a new one Priority Mail.

UPDATE: I got the card today, now my phone says LTE... Doesn't really seem faster, but it at least says LTE.. LoL

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven