I get 4G on my 1520. Is that LTE?

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Ran across this thread. I'm on T-Mobile (U.S.), 1520.3 (RM-938) on the latest Dev Preview, whatever it is this week. ;)

I've noticed under "Highest Speed Settings " in the SIM options, the highest I can select is 4G, LTE isn't even available. Any thoughts on why that might be? SIM (it is ancient) not provisioned for that service maybe?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Ran across this thread. I'm on T-Mobile (U.S.), 1520.3 (RM-938) on the latest Dev Preview, whatever it is this week. ;)

I've noticed under "Highest Speed Settings " in the SIM options, the highest I can select is 4G, LTE isn't even available. Any thoughts on why that might be? SIM (it is ancient) not provisioned for that service maybe?

4G=LTE. Only the in the U.S. is HSDPA+ marketed as 4G, which is probably why you think it's different. The highest connection speed option is saying exactly what it's supposed to, don't worry.

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
4G=LTE. Only the in the U.S. is HSDPA+ marketed as 4G, which is probably why you think it's different. The highest connection speed option is saying exactly what it's supposed to, don't worry.
I found some developer notes on this setting and it should only have selections for 2G, 3G or 4G. Though oddly enough the bitmask for 4G is referred to as LTE: RIL_SYSTEMTYPE_LTE. :wink:

I've never seen an LTE indicator on my phone, only H+, so I'm assuming that LTE isn't working because of the old SIM and not the setting on the phone. There is most definitely LTE available from T-Mobile in my area, in pockets anyway. Mostly I get speeds in my neighborhood in the 0.3 Mbps range :unhappy:, with the occasional 15.0 Mbps on HSDPA+.

I received a new nano SIM activation kit today, I'll have to swap it in and see what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss