Ok, first off I know how to delete the internet history and I know how to close all tabs and all of that stuff. After I've done all of that though and then start typing in the search box in internet explorer, my previous searches will pop up as suggestions. My question is, how do I delete them so they don't pop up.
    04-30-2014 09:15 AM
    Did you go into advance settings and uncheck 'Get suggestions from Bing as I type' ? Then delete history?
    04-30-2014 09:34 AM
    Yes, I've tried that too. When I type I do not get suggestions from Bing. However, I do get suggestions for previous things I've typed and searched for.
    An example of what I mean is about a month ago me and a buddy were talking about a girl we went to high school with. Neither of us could remember what grade she graduated in so I searched her name on my phone to see if I could find a yearbook or something similar that would show her graduating year. After the search I deleted the tab and browser history. But now, ever since I typed in her name, all I have to type is the first letter in her name, and a suggestion pops up of that original search I did.
    It's not limited to just this one specific search either. Its all searches I've done and I'd like to be able to delete them.
    04-30-2014 10:07 AM
    Really? No one has any input on how to delete these old typed in searches?
    I found an old thread on this forum from last September that someone posted asking the same question I'm asking now. It was no help, he didn't get any replies back then either.
    04-30-2014 12:23 PM
    I don't recall how the settings on 8 are broken out , but on 8.1 there's a Search settings (under Applications) where you can delete previously typed history. That'd be my only guess. Otherwise wipe the device (and not sure that will work if the history is tied to your account somehow).
    04-30-2014 12:40 PM
    I don't recall how the settings on 8 are broken out , but on 8.1 there's a Search settings (under Applications) where you can delete previously typed history. That'd be my only guess. Otherwise wipe the device (and not sure that will work if the history is tied to your account somehow).
    Thanks for the reply. Hopefully the 8.1 update isn't to far out for the US AT&T 1520 and then it looks like my problem will be solved.
    04-30-2014 12:46 PM
    Have you tried the 8.1 Developer Preview? Not sure you need to wait for ATT
    04-30-2014 01:06 PM
    No I haven't tried the 8.1 preview. I thought it was just for app developer's.
    04-30-2014 01:50 PM
    Oh no no no. To be a "developer" you just need to sign up at the Windows Phone App Studio. It's free and requires nothing more than registering. Then you download an app from Microsoft called "Preview for Developers", and that lets you get 8.1. It's incredibly easy, and there are a few articles on this site that walk through the couple of steps. Go for it!
    04-30-2014 05:39 PM
    Oh no no no. To be a "developer" you just need to sign up at the Windows Phone App Studio. It's free and requires nothing more than registering. Then you download an app from Microsoft called "Preview for Developers", and that lets you get 8.1. It's incredibly easy, and there are a few articles on this site that walk through the couple of steps. Go for it!
    Wow. I did not know that. Do you know if the 8.1 preview is/would be different from the 8.1 version released by At&t in the near future? If it is/will be different do you know if the preview version can be upgraded to the At&t version? Or will they all be one and the same? Thanks.
    05-01-2014 07:11 AM
    It will be basically the same OS you get from AT&T; I would expect zero meaningful difference in terms of features, bugs or performance. This is not a "beta" release. Whenever AT&T rolls out the update it will package this 8.1 OS update with a separate firmware update from Nokia (called "Cyan"). Cyan will bring a few device-specific changes, but that is completely separate from the OS. When AT&T makes that 8.1+Cyan bundle available, it will simply and automatically replace what is on your device at the moment (whether that is 8 or 8.1). If you need more detail there are both front-page news articles/guides and forum threads on this site.
    05-01-2014 12:32 PM
    @ Chris Kez,
    Hey thanks for all your input. I registered as a developer and updated to 8.1. I got what I was looking for, (the ability to delete searches), and am now running on the latest and greatest. Again, thanks.
    Chris_Kez likes this.
    05-02-2014 08:39 PM
    @ Chris Kez,
    Hey thanks for all your input. I registered as a developer and updated to 8.1. I got what I was looking for, (the ability to delete searches), and am now running on the latest and greatest. Again, thanks.
    So glad to hear that; enjoy :)
    05-03-2014 05:14 PM