Should I wait?

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I have just a couple questions before I reorder the 1520 from Amazon, because of shipping problems the first order went back as a "return to sender". I'm trying to decide if I should get the 16gb or 32gb version so my first question is how easy is it to fill the 16gb version if the internal storage is used only for apps and data? Most of my videos and pictures will be saved to the 128gb card I have. For people using the 8.1 preview when saving apps to the sd does it take longer for apps to load? Is it known yet if the green version that will reportedly be released with the 8.1 official update have any physical differences, and will it only come with 16gb like the other colors available on AT&T? I was going to ask about possibly waiting to see if the screen sensitivity gets taken care of with the green version but looking at the bugs thread an update may have fixed that as of today.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I would go for the 32gb :wink: Because app data can take up a lot of space...
A while back someone posted that his data is upto 6gb :/

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a 16GB 1520 and I still have 5GB of free space left. Music, videos and pictures goes on my 32GB storage card. By the way my apps total 5.2 GB.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes I agree the 16 gb should be enough :) But some people would not like to check their storage constantly :p

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately the deal that the Microsoft Store had was only for a few hours so I missed the 16gb version for 49.99. I'm happy because after being on the phone for an hour today, and being lied to by some AT&T customer service reps I managed to get the 32gb version for 160.00 plus the upgrade fee.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately the deal that the Microsoft Store had was only for a few hours so I missed the 16gb version for 49.99. I'm happy because after being on the phone for an hour today, and being lied to by some AT&T customer service reps I managed to get the 32gb version for 160.00 plus the upgrade fee.

That is going to seem silly after you update to 8.1. ;) With the ability to move apps to sd, now it's best to invest in a quality SD card than extra phone storage. LoL.. But I have the 32GB AT&T 1520 and love it. Get this ordered for it now.

DAYJOY 0.3MM thick Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector film Cover

It is the best so far, protects the screen, and feels like it is naked. A bit tricky to put on I think, but I love mine. And congrats on the new phone. Oh and in case you find a few extra buxs around, I don't think this is too far of a stretch.

SanDisk Ultra 128GB MicroSDXC Class 10/UHS-1 Memory Card

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos