Screen Rotation

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Wait a bit let the phone take some fresh air..😉 i mean wait for sometime let the phone to settle down

Sent from my Lumia 620 wp8.1 RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Try a soft reset. Its working slow how much time is taking to rotate the screen?

Sent from my Lumia 620 wp8.1 RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

sjgore

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
A few people have mentioned this, the general theory is that it is because 8.1 is not yet optimised for individual devices.

Givi Mdivnishvili

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem too. This happens after while using new camera software and continues after closing it. Fix is restarting phone. Also new camera app lacks some features. Initializing focus takes way more time than it is took on Lumia Camera Classic. Hope fixes will come soon.
One thing this update fixed is battery drain in Cyan. It worked for me

yosoyyoberdi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Screen rotation is very slow with Denim update in my Lumia 1520. No issues before, but now takes 5+ seconds to rotate for example while viewing potos in image gallery.

Teo Habunal

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Screen rotation is very slow with Denim update in my Lumia 1520. No issues before, but now takes 5+ seconds to rotate for example while viewing potos in image gallery.

Same here. But it only happens to me after prolonged use of Lumia Camera 5. At first I thought the rotation of Lumia Camera 5 is really slow, but then I realized the entire system became slow. Restarting the phone 'temporarily' fixes the problem, but I observed that rotation becomes very slow again after using Lumia Camera for a long time.

Daniel Olsen

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem until a couple days ago when I read how to fix it. Disable Cortana, the phone will have to restart. Then re-enable Cortana (don't worry it resyncs your settings and history), and there you go problem fixed!

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here, slow rotation or sometimes no rotation at all. Some have narrowed it down to the new camera app.

jkkw

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I did the turn off cortana reboot and turn it on again drill. Seem to work for a while (checked in mail) then used IE and rotation is screwed up again. Note that there isn't only a several second delay, but queued up rotation events as well.. before denim, it was fine!

Yoosuf Belal

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
This is brilliant but very unusual fix. I have a Lumia 1520 running Windows 10 Creators Update. I ran in to this problem and after a lot of research I found this.

I changed the region from UK to UAE where Cortana is unavailable. I restarted my phone. The 'Cortana is turned off' message came up. I then checked the rotation using camera app. It did not work unfortunately. So I reverted back to region UK. Restarted the phone and I tried the camera app and it worked. ??????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss