Question about 1520 and games

littlejay

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I am finally able to upgrade my phone and have a 920 but looking to upgrade to a 1020 or 1520 very soon. My 920 has the dreaded battery drain issue and it's time to move on. I really think the 1520 would be a nice phone, but remember seeing that there were some issues with a few games (not the ones fixed by a rest but games that just don't work).

I like my achievements, so don't want to be held back by a phone that can't play something. I do know Chaos Rings is one such game that had issues though it's not one I'm worried about. I am just curious if there are more known games with similar problems.

The 1020 seems like a fine phone as well but with the 8.1 preview, I feel my thumbs need a bigger play space. :p

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I haven't heard about gaming issues on Lumia 1520 IMO its the best phablet for gaming and multimedia due to full Hd screen and sd800 chipset with 2GB ram :wink: I tried this in store last week and played asphalt 8 , minion rush and they all were very smooth.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I play a lot of games, Asphalt first in line then a variety of other ones. It plays them better than other phones. Just 2 drawbacks: A) It drains battery like a Ferrari when playing; B) It heats up a lot in some areas with very graphic intensive games.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Agree with the post above - when gaming my 1520 gets wicked hot and the battery will drain out - asphalt 8 is a major culprit for this but even a protracted game of Microsoft collections solitaire will do this LOL (though I'd wager that's poor optimisation rather than graphical intensity, as per the asphalt games).

But it games smooth! I'm running one with the sandisk 64gb class 10 uhs 1 - no lag or anything, though I installed everything from a clean wipe, when I went to wp8.1 dp.

Overall the 1520 is probably the best all round, feature rich device windows phone has to offer. Even over the icon/930.

That screen, the camera, the fact that it had an sd card - so you'll be able to deal with those awesome raw images on your choice of fast memory cards, using that slick looking file manager...

Honestly, this thing is a mobile computing platform. I'm surprised no one has made a Bluetooth keyboard, like the one for the blackberry playbook.

You really can use this thing for work and play. And the battery life, when not being caned, lasts a good day at least, depending on how you use it. And you will use it. A lot. You won't want to put it down lol

It is big. You'll get used to it. Quick. ;)

It's, in my humble opinion, the best you can get, and will be able to get, fit the foreseeable future!

I have the 1020 but it's the 1520 I use for everyday!

Good luck with your choice!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo