05-11-2014 04:05 PM
59 123
tools
    The 1520 is a big phone and when someone comments on it they are not necessarily trying to be a jerk about it. I normally respond, "yes, cool isn't it?" It is after that if they yes, I show them how much better, reading, watching videos, and surfing the internet is. If they say it is too big to carry, I say ," can you imagine they have tablets that are 7 and 8 inches, how can anyone carry those?" I have only gotten a hard time from two iPhone people, otherwise most people think it is cool or do not say anything.
    05-05-2014 10:56 AM
    I let my friend with the 5S play with my phone last week. He could not put it down. He wanted to get rid of his 5S for the 1520.
    05-05-2014 10:59 AM
    You use a 10.1 tablet as a phone ? You are kidding right ?
    Well people have been using desktop PCs as phones since Skype, and probably before that too, with a headset (preferably bluetooth) it really doesn't matter what kind of device you have. And he did specify that he's using headset. A tablet is also nicer for video calling because you can actually see the other person, and you probably also have a stand for the tablet so you just put it on the table and sit back.
    05-05-2014 12:21 PM
    The 1520 is a big phone and when someone comments on it they are not necessarily trying to be a jerk about it. I normally respond, "yes, cool isn't it?" It is after that if they yes, I show them how much better, reading, watching videos, and surfing the internet is. If they say it is too big to carry, I say ," can you imagine they have tablets that are 7 and 8 inches, how can anyone carry those?" I have only gotten a hard time from two iPhone people, otherwise most people think it is cool or do not say anything.
    Well the thing about tablets is that they're usually carried in bags/backpacks, but phones are usually carried in pockets. I can fit a 7" tablet in some of my pants just fine though. Lumia 1720 maybe? :D
    05-05-2014 12:25 PM
    The Lumia 1520 is BIG, comes in very handy when viewing websites.

Also, fits very nicely in the back (or front) pocket of my jeans, prolly fit nicely in most jeans (except those too tight hipster jeans) or slacks. I've sat on my phone (I'm 6'5" 235lbs) with no damage to the phone (I musta got 1 with a thicker, less flimsy outer shell - though the case prolly helps). The size takes some getting used to, but the nature of the newer slab phones (they're all kinda slippery) requires two hands anyway (most times) - though I've managed one-handed for a quik text, call, app, notification check.

My Lumia 1520 phone / tablet / mini sized personal computer fits me just right, though it's definitely not for everybody ...
    & for the distaff side, it's got a very strong vibration motor !
    05-05-2014 12:40 PM
    When I get "wow that's a big phone" I usually don't make a big deal out of it but if they continue talking about why I have such a big phone I just say "I guess it is big. To be honest I hadn't notice cause I'm used to handling big things.
    05-05-2014 01:46 PM
    I just tell them I prefer working on a big screen.

Funny,the majority of folks I work with have IPhone or Notes and it's always the iPhone pukes who always start in..most of the guys who have the Notes are the most curious about mine,since it looks nothing like a normal WP they have ever seen and it is bigger than theirs 😃

Mac
    05-05-2014 02:08 PM
    "Yeah, I don't like girly phones" should hit smart-asses in the gut nicely ^_^. No offense to any of the ladies on here of course :)
    05-05-2014 02:15 PM
    If someone said I had a big phone, I would get into my Chevy Suburban and drive over their Prius.
    oditius and MSFTisMIA like this.
    05-11-2014 04:05 PM
59 123