"that's a big phone"

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Hello ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me.

Sadly, he isn't me. but if he stopped using tiny lady phones and switched to a Lumia 1520, he could look like he?s me.

Look down, back up, where are you? You?re on a boat with the man your man could look like.

What?s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it?s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds.

Anything is possible when your man looks like a man and not a lady. I?m on a horse

Sam Lawton

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Get offended, tell them you were born with very small hands and say you would appreciate them not calling attention to your infirmities in public...

Liam Perry

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I haven't got a 1520, but I plan on picking up a 1320 next week. Looking forward to this actually.
I've been using my Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE as a phone for the last few weeks and I get some really strange comments. It's perfectly fine as a phone (with a headset mind you) and it fits in my book bag fine. It also doubles as a handy plate for sandwiches.

My favourite comments so far have been:
​"is that the new galaxy phone, samsung dont know when to stop."
"Your phone is bigger than my head."
"why are you using your ipad as a plate."

Fyi, yes i will be using my 1320 as a plate too.

Liam Perry

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
*looks at their iphone*
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scream. I've just never seen one that small before.
Its alright, it's what you do with it that matters right?

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Tell them I charge the phone once every 4 days rather than 4 times every day. The Lumia 1520 battery beats all iPhones and androids combined.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
One of my staff members at work got a new giant android phone the other day (idk if its a note3 or a mega whatever) but he looked funny talking on it.. everyone was talking about it... So I went to my office and got my Surface 2 tablet and came out of the office pretending to be talking on it with it up to my head... had the entire building laughing! :D

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I occasionally get comments such as:
"That's a big *** phone. You can watch a movie on that thing. That's real nice."
"Is that a phone?" "Which one? Galaxy Mega?" So of course I reply "No, it's a Lumia 1520." (Surprisingly he had a 1020. I only ever notice maybe 2 or 3 Windows Phones in the wild a month).

TCB1468

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I can't wait to see the difference in comments between my current white Note II to my yellow 1320 when it arrives. I usually get at least one comment a day when I have my Note II out at school. Although with more people buying S4s and other large phones the number of comments is decreasing. Currently it is mostly the unoriginal iPhone crowd that comments. I am sure this will change though once my giant bright yellow Windows Phone arrives! It is like everything people make fun of in one device: huge phones, Windows Phone, and bright colors. I can't wait for the controversy! I love upsetting the iPhone crowd especially! They are so predictable it is funny.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
"Some of us like to be large and in charge, with high performance at our fingertips". I've got a Z Ultra (which is slightly bigger) and nothing was funnier than the reaction of my petite Asian MD coworker when she saw me pull that out of my pocket: "OMG! What is THAT?"

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I've heard kids call it and other giant "phones" a sidewalk :grin: it is rather large for a "phone" - you must admit. I think they are just having a case of p***s envy, which begs the question to the owner... what's up with that, a problem in the call department ? :wink:

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The two I hear most often: "That's a big phone!", and "Is that a phone or a tablet?".

Got a lot of that, yesterday, @ a wedding I attended. I was in a suit, thus had it on my belt (don't like chest pocket, it could accidentally fall out), clipped w a case (Red Lumia 1520 in a black ribbed case). Everyone who actually saw it (' ... here, try it ... ') was very impressed. Told them the truth, '...it was BIG for about a week, my eyes aren't what they used to be ...' etc. My brother liked it, but vaccilated back & forth between too big & the added functionality of actually being able to work on it, because of larger screen. Got a lot of ' ... that must've been a lot / must've been expensive ... ' - told them the truth, bought it outright - NO contract, NO subsidy.

I've gotten very used to the size, love the camera (took some nice pix, Nokia Camera beta captures more than you see in picture, no more chopped off heads) & love the screen size for viewing said pictures. With picture / demo use yesterday, came home w ~75% charge left, & I took ~ 100 pictures (w post processing), plus saw the Kentucky Derby (after the fact). :smile:

... and I'm running WinPhone 8.1 Dev Preview, which made the Start Screen (blue water behind lots of transparent tiles) look like nothing they ever saw, before. Most were very impressed ! - Got one "where's the tiles ?"

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
The problem isn't that the 1520 is so big, it's the fact (seemingly) everyone has a tiny iPhone.
Wait until the 5.5/5.7" version of the iPhone 6 comes out next year and everyone has something just about as big. Suddenly, our BIG phones will be more normal.

I still use my iPhone 5 as my phone, and my 1520 is my really portable tablet now, mostly because I have no place to keep it during the day, whereas my iPhone sits in a holster case on my belt.

It's Physics. :)

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The problem isn't that the 1520 is so big, it's the fact (seemingly) everyone has a tiny iPhone.
Wait until the 5.5/5.7" version of the iPhone 6 comes out next year and everyone has something just about as big. Suddenly, our BIG phones will be more normal.

I still use my iPhone 5 as my phone, and my 1520 is my really portable tablet now, mostly because I have no place to keep it during the day, whereas my iPhone sits in a holster case on my belt.

It's Physics. :)

No the 1520 is big. I use a RAZR M and that thing is huge compared to my phone its even bigger than the Note 3. I am never personally getting a large device anytime soon. I want to actually use my phone with one hand right now and not have to use two hands to dial a phone number or text someone.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
No the 1520 is big. I use a RAZR M and that thing is huge compared to my phone its even bigger than the Note 3. I am never personally getting a large device anytime soon. I want to actually use my phone with one hand right now and not have to use two hands to dial a phone number or text someone.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

HUGE actually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss