"that's a big phone"

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I had someone ask me what I was trying to compensate for with the big phone, I just said glaucoma and walked off. One of them came after me and said sorry. O how I did smile.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I had someone ask me what I was trying to compensate for with the big phone, I just said glaucoma and walked off. One of them came after me and said sorry. O how I did smile.

Meaning you're compensating for "something else" and you were too embarrassed to say the real reason ? (jk) :grin: we won't tell anyone -we promise ! :wink:

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My wife calls my 1520 "B.A.P." (Big *** Phone.) Last week I walked into the living room and she said "Is that your phone in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"

"Yes!"

A friend I hadn't seen in a while came up the other day, showing me his spiffy new Galaxy S5 and all the neat things it could do. He paused, thinking I still carried my 920, and said "I think mine is bigger than yours."

I pulled out my 1520 and said "Anything else you'd like to compare?"

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Most people get curios of my L820 thinking it's the L920. They also are shocked by its weight more than by its size (heard it's rather big for a 4.3" device in most reviews)

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I love my Lumia 1520 don't know how I could ever go to something smaller.... And now with 8.1 although with alot of bugs it's even sweeter! And yes I mean bugs... Screen sometimes takes a bit to come back after screen lock, popping from videos,a bit laggy , but hope it a gets smoothed out!

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I love my Lumia 1520 don't know how I could ever go to something smaller.... And now with 8.1 although with alot of bugs it's even sweeter! And yes I mean bugs... Screen sometimes takes a bit to come back after screen lock, popping from videos,a bit laggy , but hope it a gets smoothed out!

As has been mentioned before, WinPhone 8.1 is simply the Final Beta of the OS. Expect an updated OS rolled out with in Nokia's case - Lumia Cyan. The bugs you reference could be the OS not playing nicely with not updated firmware (the certainty is mmmm approx. 99%).

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
The 1520 is a big phone and when someone comments on it they are not necessarily trying to be a jerk about it. I normally respond, "yes, cool isn't it?" It is after that if they yes, I show them how much better, reading, watching videos, and surfing the internet is. If they say it is too big to carry, I say ," can you imagine they have tablets that are 7 and 8 inches, how can anyone carry those?" I have only gotten a hard time from two iPhone people, otherwise most people think it is cool or do not say anything.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
You use a 10.1 tablet as a phone ? You are kidding right ?

Well people have been using desktop PCs as phones since Skype, and probably before that too, with a headset (preferably bluetooth) it really doesn't matter what kind of device you have. And he did specify that he's using headset. A tablet is also nicer for video calling because you can actually see the other person, and you probably also have a stand for the tablet so you just put it on the table and sit back.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
The 1520 is a big phone and when someone comments on it they are not necessarily trying to be a jerk about it. I normally respond, "yes, cool isn't it?" It is after that if they yes, I show them how much better, reading, watching videos, and surfing the internet is. If they say it is too big to carry, I say ," can you imagine they have tablets that are 7 and 8 inches, how can anyone carry those?" I have only gotten a hard time from two iPhone people, otherwise most people think it is cool or do not say anything.

Well the thing about tablets is that they're usually carried in bags/backpacks, but phones are usually carried in pockets. I can fit a 7" tablet in some of my pants just fine though. Lumia 1720 maybe? :D

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia 1520 is BIG, comes in very handy when viewing websites.

Also, fits very nicely in the back (or front) pocket of my jeans, prolly fit nicely in most jeans (except those too tight hipster jeans) or slacks. I've sat on my phone (I'm 6'5" 235lbs) with no damage to the phone (I musta got 1 with a thicker, less flimsy outer shell - though the case prolly helps). The size takes some getting used to, but the nature of the newer slab phones (they're all kinda slippery) requires two hands anyway (most times) - though I've managed one-handed for a quik text, call, app, notification check.

My Lumia 1520 phone / tablet / mini sized personal computer fits me just right, though it's definitely not for everybody ...
& for the distaff side, it's got a very strong vibration motor ! :cool:

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
When I get "wow that's a big phone" I usually don't make a big deal out of it but if they continue talking about why I have such a big phone I just say "I guess it is big. To be honest I hadn't notice cause I'm used to handling big things.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I just tell them I prefer working on a big screen.

Funny,the majority of folks I work with have IPhone or Notes and it's always the iPhone pukes who always start in..most of the guys who have the Notes are the most curious about mine,since it looks nothing like a normal WP they have ever seen and it is bigger than theirs 😃

Mac

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
"Yeah, I don't like girly phones" should hit smart-asses in the gut nicely ^_^. No offense to any of the ladies on here of course :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte