Where to buy a Lumia 1520 RM-938

Shadow_12213

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I was just looking to buy a 1520.3 aka the rm-938 model and I was wondering what is the best place to get one. In Canada we didn't have that newegg sale and omegacell is pretty expensive so I wanted to see if there was anyplace else to get it from.

Thanks in advance!

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
unfortunately the only place is OmegaCell, but remember the price they give you on site is the price you pay in Canada, if you try to purchase from outside Canada you will incur shipping and customs costs on top of what you paid for the phone, so the Omega price of $775 is probably not that bad.

Shadow_12213

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
unfortunately the only place is OmegaCell, but remember the price they give you on site is the price you pay in Canada, if you try to purchase from outside Canada you will incur shipping and customs costs on top of what you paid for the phone, so the Omega price of $775 is probably not that bad.

I guess that's true lol. The only thing I'm worried about is warranty. That's really the only thing holding me back.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Do you think that the one year worth it?

I bought it without any extra warranty as most failures that would actually be covered under a warranty are likely to happen within the first 30 days. That is unless the extra warranty covers accidental damages.

The other thing to consider is that they only charge GST being in Alberta. So that saves another few percent. They were fantastic to deal with and I had the phone on Monday after ordering it on a Friday.

If you take into consideration the current exchange (plus the exchange fees your bank would charge) rate plus taxes and brokerage fees it is unlikely that you would save much ordering it elsewhere.

Shadow_12213

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I bought it without any extra warranty as most failures that would actually be covered under a warranty are likely to happen within the first 30 days. That is unless the extra warranty covers accidental damages.

The other thing to consider is that they only charge GST being in Alberta. So that saves another few percent. They were fantastic to deal with and I had the phone on Monday after ordering it on a Friday.

If you take into consideration the current exchange (plus the exchange fees your bank would charge) rate plus taxes and brokerage fees it is unlikely that you would save much ordering it elsewhere.

That's very true lol. I think I'm gonna end up getting it from omegacell then. Thanks for the help man!

daniel187

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Bought from negri, its gonna come out slightly cheaper then omegcell for me depending onhow much customs is going to be when it comes in this week.

t60

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I want to sell mine. if anyone interested, please pm me. It is a brand new 1520.3 in black 32GB which I bought from new egg. I opened the box but all are in their original conditions.

airbillion

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I just received one as a gift....If you are still interested I am selling mine...Brand new in box also with a hard shell case and screen protector..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs