Hey, wise people of the interwebs. I woke up to a new nightmare today in the morning on my Lumia 1520. Its a screen glitch that appears to be entirely new as I have been searching the forums all day and none of the glitches described are similar to what I have. The bottom part of the screen appears to have a sort of like mirror effect displaying a distorted and flickering reflection of a small part of the top of the screen.. I am not sure if this a hardware or software issue. I have done multiple hard resets and they don't work, infact the issue also affects that screen with the rotatibg cog wheels. I have also seen the same glitch at the nokia logo when the phone is booting up.. I am running the WP8.1 developer preview and I am afraid that I do not qualify for warranty although I haven't checked with the Nokia care centre yet. Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated.
    05-04-2014 01:47 PM
    I have heard and seen this bug in this thread :- http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ts-thread.html
    you can use nokia recovery tool to downgrade back to windows phone 8.1
    Guytronic and the Graywolf like this.
    05-04-2014 01:52 PM
    That definitely sounds like a hardware issue so it would be best to have Nokia care look into it for you.
    I would not worry about your warranty being void because of being on 8.1 via the developer preview. MS gave out a standard disclaimer that absolves them of any responsibility should anything go wrong being a part of the developer preview program. There are plenty of people who have had warranty repairs and have also been a part of the developer preview program.
    05-04-2014 01:57 PM
    Thanks guys, I guess I would have to try the Care Centre and see how that goes..
    05-04-2014 02:02 PM