Lumia 1520 Capacitive Buttons backlight leaking?

Shadow_12213

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I just got my Lumia 1520 yesterday 😊. Only thing is that I just noticed that the capacitive buttons are leaking light and I was wondering if anyone else has an issue like this or if I should go back and exchange it. The leak is only really visible when you look at the phone from a topish angle. Here are some pictures for reference 1520 Capacitive Backlight leak - Imgur

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I just got my Lumia 1520 yesterday ��. Only thing is that I just noticed that the capacitive buttons are leaking light and I was wondering if anyone else has an issue like this or if I should go back and exchange it. The leak is only really visible when you look at the phone from a topish angle. Here are some pictures for reference 1520 Capacitive Backlight leak - Imgur

Just checked mine and it is the same on the outside buttons, I thought it was normal. It certainly doesn't make any difference to the phone and can only be seen when viewed from an extreme angles and with a black background.

manomic

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
well this is not a problem at all... there is a little gap so you can see it. as long as it doesn't affect your viewing there is nothing to worry about.. dont try to trade it for another or try to get it repaired.. there are phones with problems that are really annoying. you would not want to end up with one of those :)

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Took a pic with mine. Slight leak. Doesn't bother me at all

8ymyryhe.jpg

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
This is also common on Lumia920. My opinion is that it's not worth returning for this issue if the leak is only viewable at extreme angles.

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I just got my Lumia 1520 yesterday 😊. Only thing is that I just noticed that the capacitive buttons are leaking light and I was wondering if anyone else has an issue like this or if I should go back and exchange it. The leak is only really visible when you look at the phone from a topish angle. Here are some pictures for reference 1520 Capacitive Backlight leak - Imgur

I have the same thing when you look at mine fom the top. Its even barely seen. When facing the front I can't see it so it doesn't really bother me at all.

I think this is normal with Lumias, as this is my 2nd Lumia (I had Lumia 900 before) and both of them have leaking lights when viewed from a specific angle at the top side.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I just got my Lumia 1520 yesterday . Only thing is that I just noticed that the capacitive buttons are leaking light and I was wondering if anyone else has an issue like this or if I should go back and exchange it. The leak is only really visible when you look at the phone from a topish angle. Here are some pictures for reference 1520 Capacitive Backlight leak - Imgur

Thank you OP.
Bought a refurbished phone and was wondering if this was common ... Really need to have a sticky for this kind of stuff

Shayan Davoodi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I got the light on mine. No problem dude, don't be so touchy about it. Just ignore and don't try to look at the phone from that angle. It causes no problem in functionality.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Hey, congraz on your new baby! I know how you feel, just like i did..exciting and awesome.
By the way, after denim update brightness on three buttons is so high and that's why you have that leaking. Everything is normal. Do not change or repair your device unless you have big isuess with it. Like sir said, ,,don't want to end with faulty device".

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got the light on mine. No problem dude, don't be so touchy about it. Just ignore and don't try to look at the phone from that angle. It causes no problem in functionality.
I'm more concerned about the refurbished aspect of the phone. Thought the LCD glass was replaced because of the backlight bleed and the pressure on display when pressing around the corners.

That and my accelerometer stops working properly after opening Lumia Camera, and speaker makes popping noises (when sounds shuts off, similar to Intel HDA issues in Linux).

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm more concerned about the refurbished aspect of the phone. Thought the LCD glass was replaced because of the backlight bleed and the pressure on display when pressing around the corners.

That and my accelerometer stops working properly after opening Lumia Camera, and speaker makes popping noises (when sounds shuts off, similar to Intel HDA issues in Linux).

My old 920 use to let out weird popping noises too, and sometimes it would let out screeches... Nokia phones seem to have lots of defects... You never hear these many different and irritating issues happening with iPhones....just being honest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss